Duke Game

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I know this is a couple of weeks early, but my daughter and I are thinking about going. Is anyone else making the trek? Also, since we didn't buy away-game tickets through GT (and I believe that window has passed), we would like to buy tickets near where the majority of GT fans will be sitting. Does anyone know what section(s) that might be? Finally, any advice on getting to the game, parking, etc.? We will probably be driving up from Pinehurst.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I agree with GTBandit - I will travel up from Greensboro and just buy a few cheap GA seats for my son and I. Then, I’ll look for GT fans and go sit in that area. Every time I see Tech play in Durham, I pay more for parking!!
The GT section is across from the press box (probably east side) behind the GT bench and near the goal line. there will be lots of empty seats on both sides. you can get them on stub hub and sit where you want. It's not a hot ticket. Now if this was basketball, good luck.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
I know this is a couple of weeks early, but my daughter and I are thinking about going. Is anyone else making the trek? Also, since we didn't buy away-game tickets through GT (and I believe that window has passed), we would like to buy tickets near where the majority of GT fans will be sitting. Does anyone know what section(s) that might be? Finally, any advice on getting to the game, parking, etc.? We will probably be driving up from Pinehurst.
I will be there. YOu can sit anywhere you want.

jzgt22

Jolly Good Fellow
I went a few years back and just drove onto campus looking parking, followed the parking signs and the attendant asked if we were there for the game. I said yes and she let us park for free. Paid 6 bucks for tickets on StubHub. The wife raved about the concession stand. Worst part of the trip was the L we took...

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I went a few years back and just drove onto campus looking parking, followed the parking signs and the attendant asked if we were there for the game. I said yes and she let us park for free. Paid 6 bucks for tickets on StubHub. The wife raved about the concession stand. Worst part of the trip was the L we took...
This is correct. There is free parking on campus but it's a hike to the stadium, but it's a really nice campus to walk through. I plan on going to the game with my family and will just get GA tickets. It looks like they are about $12 on stubhub right now and will only go down in price.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Been many times. GA tickets are fine. Sit almost anywhere you like. The problem has been that in recent years we have lost the game - badly!! We need to fix this. Go Jackets!!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I am a regular at our games in Durham. Park in one of the satellite lots and take the bus to the plaza in front of Duke Chapel. From there it's a short walk to the stadium. Also, don't worry about where your seats are located. The visitor section will have plenty of room.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I am a regular at our games in Durham. Park in one of the satellite lots and take the bus to the plaza in front of Duke Chapel. From there it's a short walk to the stadium. Also, don't worry about where your seats are located. The visitor section will have plenty of room.
Tell me more about these satellite lots and buses. I remember last time I went it was a long walk from on-campus parking and my little ones complained about tired legs the whole way.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure about the satellite lots but here is some information from Duke

It's not a bad walk from the Chem Lot and I've gotten a space there 90-100 minutes before kickoff before. I've also parked in the Circuit Lots which is a little bit longer walk (smaller kids would complain about this length I think). There will be Tech people in both lots.

I've never used the Jogging Trail lot but it looks small and opens at 6AM so you'll have to make your own judgment on when to arrive and how long you want to tailgate but the walk isn't as far.