Dual role for Tech’s Synjyn Days will continue

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
As long as Laskey stays healthy he looks more like an AB. Laskey played all but 8 snaps at BB. Hopefully Days on the outside will improve perimeter and inside blocking. GT is 4-0 and we haven't been very good at all outside.

As long as Laskey stays healthy he looks more like an AB. Laskey played all but 8 snaps at BB. Hopefully Days on the outside will improve perimeter and inside blocking. GT is 4-0 and we haven't been very good at all outside.

We've been okay outside. What do you want, a TD every other Rocket Toss? :) Some of our success passing has been due to defense cheating in the flat to contain our wide stuff. Leaves some space in the flat for our WR's. It is slowly coming together. One thing that has to happen is for opposing DC's to see more and more film of more and more variations. What we do against Miami will affect Duke.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
We've been okay outside. What do you want, a TD every other Rocket Toss? :) Some of our success passing has been due to defense cheating in the flat to contain our wide stuff. Leaves some space in the flat for our WR's. It is slowly coming together. One thing that has to happen is for opposing DC's to see more and more film of more and more variations. What we do against Miami will affect Duke.
One thing that im really proud of is that we are seeing some underneath throws, something I dont ever remember seeing much of, and with JTs ability to run it makes it hard on defenses to decide whether to cover the easy pass and TRY to catch JT when he crosses the line of scrimmage, or go up and TRY to get JT and force the throw.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
I think having Perkins back this week will help with the blocking outside. Days is always nice to have because he can do so much at both. Maybe A back pass this week.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Days blocking will help the inside and outside running game. LBH zenon and Bostic are just a little bit better than terrible when it comes to the blocking game

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Zenon has greatly improved in blocking. Bostic has improved some as well. Perkins and Days are still the best blockers of the bunch.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Well, I am with you. Just hope we score on whatever trick play we run. The ones that comes to mind are Fake Field Goal(pass), Fake punt and run, or...my favorite...reverse with smelter...the one we ran with thomas and hill.

I pretty much hate trick plays with this offense. I just want the offense run straight up and done well. I want to see "trick plays" that are really just less frequently run plays but still in the flow of the offense. Like the bback wheel route or maybe the WR reverse you mention is acceptable as well. But please don't let anyone but our QB pass the ball. The offense is already about flowing to numbers advantages and misdirection or multiple options and complexity to keep the defense on their heels. Trickeration is just asking for disaster imo. Ugh, now I am remembering that stupid aback (or WR) pass for an interception when Tech was totally driving down the field running their normal plays from a year or two ago . . . I have so blocked it out that I cannot even tell you who was involved and in what game it occurred.

Trick plays are for pathetic I formation "pro-style" boring typical offenses that have zero ingenuity and creativity built in to begin with. You know offenses for stupid people who need to know where the ball is in order to enjoy the game. If we still had one of those offenses (cough-cough-Patrick Nix-cough-cough) then I would be craving a trick play!

(That, btw, is the closest you will get to my showing this offense ridiculously gratuitous love because I love the program first and foremost as opposed to any offensive system. My sarcasm is based on the impression haters of the offense make on me.)