Dropped Balls

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, all of our wounds have been self-inflicted today: wide open dropped passes, special teams anything but special. It’s amazing the small differences between their players and ours, but their guys make more plays
our special teams is all special, just the wrong kind of special

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I'm unsure who I favor to get the job, but to say the coaches had the team ready to play and that all our wounds are self inflicted (mistakes) are contradicting statements.
No they aren't. Preparation doesn't mean things don't happen when the other team steps on the field, too. I think our guys were prepared to play and were ready to give the #1 team in the country a fight. We absolutely made some mistakes. But we lost because UGA is a better team. With our level of talent we had to be perfect and we weren't.

Don't get me wrong, here. We need to do a better job of not shooting ourselves in the foot especially when playing the #1 team in the country in their place. Not excusing the drops and other issues. I don't know how much more our coaches could have done to alter the result of today's game.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I would like to see him improve his running decision-making. When he pulls it down he doesn't commit, and tries to juke too much. He doesn't have the skill. But generally I was impressed with his arm.
Agreed. I think perhaps he knows he's not a good runner, and he tries not to run because of it. Perfect example, the play where he escaped the pocket to the right and I think it was him and Dontae vs 1 defender, and both he and Dontae just stared at each other and kinda stutter stepped and only got like 2 yards when he could have picked up 6+ if he just committed and ran with it.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. I think perhaps he knows he's not a good runner, and he tries not to run because of it. Perfect example, the play where he escaped the pocket to the right and I think it was him and Dontae vs 1 defender, and both he and Dontae just stared at each other and kinda stutter stepped and only got like 2 yards when he could have picked up 6+ if he just committed and ran with it.
I understand that and I agree. He isn't perfect. But he did more right than wrong and I'm glad he's going to be here the next two years.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
There are probably a dozen NFL caliber TEs in CFB at any given time. I think this is why CPJ and Leach don’t use them in their offensive schemes.