Dontae!!!!!

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm rewatching the game now - both Dontae and Haynes both ran slap over uNC. Haynes is an absolute beast when he smells paydirt - once again he was dragging defenders!

This was a big win for us and the way we won was really good to see. The run game showed up. It's impossible not to notice this coincided with Dontae getting significant touches.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
And how about the presence of mind, on his last carry, to just secure the 1st down and get down to preserve the W?

He could've selfishly kept chugging along to add to his personal rushing total but I mean, nobody's dUMb enough to do that .... rite?

Miami fans, your thoughts?
Season 5 Premiere GIF by Ex On The Beach

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Did we ever get an explanation on why he wasn’t playing?
I believe it should suffice to say that the reason(s) are private, and should stay that way.

The long, heartfelt hug that Coach Brent Key gave to him, after his tremendous 70-yard touchdown run, told me a lot. And all I need to know.

But … it now appears he has succeeded in overcoming whatever it was (or they were), and is on the right track now.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The last of the CPJ era! Epic game to watch, happy we didn’t lose on CPJ night!
Funny how we won on CPJ night with a classic CPJ style game....shootout, teams rolling up and down the field, defenses befuddled all night long, the team that has the ball last wins the game. I thought it was very apropos and could not have been scripted any better.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Did we ever get an explanation on why he wasn’t playing?

We likely will not.

Key said it was something that had lasted several weeks that he wanted to keep “in house”

I believe it should suffice to say that the reason(s) are private, and should stay that way.

The long, heartfelt hug that Coach Brent Key gave to him, after his tremendous 70-yard touchdown run, told me a lot. And all I need to know.

But … it now appears he has succeeded in overcoming whatever it was (or they were), and is on the right track now.

Unless Dontae chooses to talk about it, the general public will never know. All we know, per Key, is that it wasn't discipline related and it wasn't his health for the last game. Sometimes good players have rough spots. Let's just be glad Dontae played the way he did last night and hope he can continue to produce at this level going forward.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
The run game showed up. It's impossible not to notice this coincided with Dontae getting significant touches.
Dontae is a exciting back and played a hell of a game.

That said, watch Jordan Williams if you watch the replay. Dude is finally getting healthy and had a dominant day run blocking. Run game has missed him, IMO.

As Dontae himself said the OL should get a lot of credit.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
He also got robbed of another long TD run in the 1st half
We snapped the ball before the WR was set. Had no bearing on the play, but he wasn't set and that's a penalty. The Linesman was calling that all night, on one occasion Mack Brown had come completely unglued and chased him down the sideline yelling at him.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Wow! What a game by Dontae F'ing Smith! He was a major difference maker for us in this game. This was the Dontae that I was hoping to see all season long!

22 Carries, 178 yds, 1 TD, 8.1 ypc!!!!

And his runs were clutch!
So Dontae joins Josh F Nesbitt as having a new middle initial? He's now DFS like Josh is JFN? I like it!!! Good call @AugustaSwarm .