Dontae!!!

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
However you spell it, this is good news. An expression of confidence in Coach Key, I hope. I was on Team Chad during the coaching search, but the more I listen to Coach Key, the more I like him. I see the no-nonsense toughness of CPJ plus love for GT. A totally authentic person, in contrast to the denizen of the coaching netherworld he replaced. Next season? Can’t wait!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
But what happened to Dante?!
Avenida Brasil Inferno GIF by Elder Frassi

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Did any of you ever meet Dante? He was one of the most amazing guys I've ever met...

I did. I stumbled upon a bare knuckles brawl in a dark alley. The bare chested dude was takin' a major L. Some passerby laughed a little too heartily. So the rabble turned on him and the good-natured sport quickly devolved into an unmerciful beating.

Then Dante walked into the alleyway. He whispered to the assemblage and, within minutes, he'd apparently convinced them all to join the ministry. Even the passerby. The bare chested dude had a preacher's collar on, somehow.

I locked eyes with Dante. Wanted to ask what he'd said. But his glare left me mute. Then he whispered ..... "Dayum, you ever seen a preacher whup a** like that?"

True story.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Good for Dontae…he’s a great RB! Now if Nate would stay…there’s something to be said for finishing something you start in life…it builds character which can never be stripped from you. The transfer portal is not reinforcing those principles.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
That sound you just heard is my breath letting out after learning that Smith was coming back.

The RB room now has 3 decent members. Maybe out OL will improve enough to allow Faulkner to give him 15 - 20 carriers a game. Somebody has to do that for the run game to work. Let him have enough time on the field to get hot. We spent a lot of time last year stopping our RBs from doing just that. I can see why; both Hall and Smith had breakaway potential. But it seemed impossible, except in two games, for the staff to make up their minds to stick with one RB until he got hot. Well, maybe this coming year.