Don't Put Your Free Water Bottle in the Dishwasher

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
For those that have not melted their new water bottle, squeeze around it and see if it doesn't seem thinner in certain areas than others. I'm certainly hoping we didn't spend more than $0.25 to $0. 40 for each one of these.
Still better than a poke in the eye.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if Todd Stansbury has to worry about bringing a water bottle to the games. Sorry......he's doing a good job, but someone dropped the ball on sending out cheap plastic bottles that melt in a dishwasher. I wonder if it will melt or decompose in the hot sunlight.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If you are a season ticket holder and got a free water bottle, do NOT put it into your dishwasher to wash......at least not if you use a heat cycle to dry the dishes. SWMBO did so, and we are now minus one water bottle (it melted). SWMBO assumed that in this day and age they wouldn't send us a plastic bottle that would melt in the dishwasher.....
My sainted mother used to say that to me all the time, and we didn't even have a dishwasher.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I emailed the ticket office about stinger seats and asked about getting one water bottle. Here's the response from the guy in charge of ticketing. It makes sense.

Thank you for your email. This year we are rolling out a new clear bag policy. We delivered information on this policy to season ticket holders along with a clear bag and water bottle to serve as an example of the type of items permitted in the stadium. (Fans can bring in additional bottles, and filling stations are location throughout the stadium.) The season ticket holder gifts this year are adidas t-shirts -- you will receive one per season ticket. I hope this provides some insight into our intentions regarding the water bottles.

Milwaukee

Banned
I always hated the fact that when i got GT plastic cups at the game that the GT emblem seemed to wash off in less than 10 washings in the dishwasher:rolleyes:

I still have the large thermos cups with lids they sold in the stadium during the 04 season. I use and wash them regularly, they're heavy duty and most of the logos are still there after 13 years. God I'm in my 30s and sound old as hell.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I still have the large thermos cups with lids they sold in the stadium during the 04 season. I use and wash them regularly, they're heavy duty and most of the logos are still there after 13 years. God I'm in my 30s and sound old as hell.
I had the cups that you got in the 1980s-1990s when you got a coke from a vendor in the stands.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I emailed the ticket office about stinger seats and asked about getting one water bottle. Here's the response from the guy in charge of ticketing. It makes sense.

Thank you for your email. This year we are rolling out a new clear bag policy. We delivered information on this policy to season ticket holders along with a clear bag and water bottle to serve as an example of the type of items permitted in the stadium. (Fans can bring in additional bottles, and filling stations are location throughout the stadium.) The season ticket holder gifts this year are adidas t-shirts -- you will receive one per season ticket. I hope this provides some insight into our intentions regarding the water bottles.
I'm guessing this is from Mike Castle, he's great about responding to issues. Initially they weren't going to give out the clear bags since they gave them out ~5 years ago but at some point they reversed their stance and rightfully so.

The quality of the bottle is poor but mine did survive the dishwasher on light wash and no heat dry. It smelled strongly of plastic so I wanted it to have a good wash before I used it. There is no reason to use heated dry as it will only bake on any food sediment not washed off during the wash cycle.