Donations to GTAA

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I purchase from Amazon using Amazon Smile with the GTAA listed as the recipient. It doesn't affect my purchase price, but does donate a little to the GTAA. I received an email stating that the GTAA was recently sent a donation. Since I started using Amazon Smile, I have purchased $2,642 on Amazon which contributed $13.21 to the GTAA(That was not all last quarter). Not a large donation. I don't get credit for AT Points. However, if many more people who purchase on Amazon use Amazon Smile and list GTAA as the recipient, it won't match AI2020, but it could be helpful.

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that the charity you've selected, Georgia Tech Athletic Association, recently received a donation of $280.75 from AmazonSmile -- at no cost to you or other customers.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I purchase from Amazon using Amazon Smile with the GTAA listed as the recipient. It doesn't affect my purchase price, but does donate a little to the GTAA. I received an email stating that the GTAA was recently sent a donation. Since I started using Amazon Smile, I have purchased $2,642 on Amazon which contributed $13.21 to the GTAA(That was not all last quarter). Not a large donation. I don't get credit for AT Points. However, if many more people who purchase on Amazon use Amazon Smile and list GTAA as the recipient, it won't match AI2020, but it could be helpful.
I do this as well. It's easy as pie but most importantly IT DOES NOT RAISE THE PRICE! This is a write-off for the company since they are the ones making the donations, but it helps GTAA. Forget politics, I mean you are already buying from Amazon, IT HELPS GTAA!!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Was not aware. I can easily do that. Have teach my wife that trick too. The GTAA will lover her.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Glad you posted. I am enrolled in Amazon Smile but had NO idea that GTAA was one of the charities I could select. I have switched my affiliation to the GTAA thanks too your posting!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Please keep initiatives like this quiet, or u(sic)GA fans might find out they can do the same thing with their clothing and jewelry purchases from Walmart and Dollar General.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the tip. How do I go about signing up?
Go to smile.amazon.com. Under Acounts&Lists, Your Account, you should see "Your AmazonSmile". There you can select "Georgia Tech Athletic Association" as your charity. Then when you purchase items be sure to use smile.amazon.com instead of amazon.com or www.amazon.com. You can fill a cart without being on smile.amazon.com, but when you make the purchase be sure to be at that location. If you use the mobile app to order then see the instructions at: https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=15576745011

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I just received this in an email:

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, Georgia Tech Athletic Association, in the amount of $261.48 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers who have selected this charity.

Not a large quarterly donation, but if more people sign up it can get much larger just for making the same purchases on Amazon that they are buying now.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I am now part of the smile thing as well. We don’t have a Walmart or target where I live. Used to have a Kmart but they closed. So I order from Amazon all the time.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
RonJohn, I forgot that I had signed up but I just got a similar email from them summarizing my quarterly donation. As we shop online quite a bit, it was not an insignificant amount. It's a painless and easy way to increase contributions and I don't mind doing this when I feel like the leadership there is going to be a good steward of the money. I have to admit not always feeling this to be the case. Thanks for your post.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
RonJohn, I forgot that I had signed up but I just got a similar email from them summarizing my quarterly donation. As we shop online quite a bit, it was not an insignificant amount. It's a painless and easy way to increase contributions and I don't mind doing this when I feel like the leadership there is going to be a good steward of the money. I have to admit not always feeling this to be the case. Thanks for your post.
#metoo

(did I do that right?)

George P. Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan
I've been doing this for a few years now; my Amazon purchases have donated $166 to GTAA so far.

Fyi according to my Amazon Smile impact page , GTAA has received a total of $2890 through the program which tells me hardly anyone is donating considering that my donations makes up 6% of the total.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I've been doing this for a few years now; my Amazon purchases have donated $166 to GTAA so far.

Fyi according to my Amazon Smile impact page , GTAA has received a total of $2890 through the program which tells me hardly anyone is donating considering that my donations makes up 6% of the total.
Mine is in the $30 range, but who cares? We just got to keep putting the word out (maybe signage at games???) and getting more and more people signed in.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
Kroger has a similar program to Smile called Community Rewards. I just looked for any GT related programs and could not find any (in the Kroger app click on Rewards from the main menu). My neighborhood association is on there and we regularly get $20/quarter with less than 500 residents. Anyone know how to get in contact with the GTAA to get them registered?