Don’t give up in them yet

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I did not see the game. Did we run any screens for Haywood or Tadrick. Our offense seems to run a high post pick and roll with Ben as preferred play. We need to have some screens set for our best shooters at the end of tight games. Refs don't call fouls at the end of regulation if can affect the outcome, so unless an uncontested layup, an open shot is often better than a difficult shot in the lane. Off the ball movement has been absent at times for games I gave watched.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am still on the GT basketball train. This team did such a good job last season that even though I question a few things so far this year, I am not about to jump ship. I want to wait and se how things play out. CPast has said all along this would be a 4 year rebuild, and I believe him.

MiracleWhips

Ramblin' Wreck
The start to this season both on the court and off has been terrible and a bit unlucky but some may be karma.
That being said we are only one game off where many thought we’d be at this point without Okogie. Ben has been playing on one foot. This break couldn’t come at a better time both physically and mentally for the program. It’s been a whirlwind on and off since October 2nd.
I feel like if we get healthy and can regroup mentally we can still have a good season. Coming back we need to win the ones we’re supposed to and upset UGA. If we do that then postseason is back into play entering ACC play. If we can go 11-7 then we will be on the bubble with a chance especially with committee taking Okogie injury into play.
Don’t give up on this team and staff. Let’s get behind them and give them a chance to regroup during this much needed break.
I agree, there is still hope here. They MUST set the tone on the 17th or things could get ugly down the stretch. Okogie is going to have a lot riding on him, its hard to replace 18ppg of production. Nonetheless I am still excited to see how this will finish up.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I really thought we were going to wear them down but that Magee guy just kept jacking them up.

I hope this short break in the schedule allows for a lot of coaching of the newbies. 4-4 is a tough place to be trying to make either the NIT again or some sort of miraculous run to NCAAT.

Anything can happen. That’s why they play the games. Go Jackets!

GTFLETCH

Banned
I am still on the GT basketball train. This team did such a good job last season that even though I question a few things so far this year, I am not about to jump ship. I want to wait and se how things play out. CPast has said all along this would be a 4 year rebuild, and I believe him.
I am still on the train, always will be, but we win 18 games top this year...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Not only am I not giving up on the team, I went crazy yesterday looking for the 4PM game!!! :mad:
Went to the normal stations looking for the game, had sworn it was on ESPNU...
Did the DirecTV search, couldn't find the game...
Went to ESPN3 to watch on phone and STILL couldn't find the game... UGHHH! :mad:
THEN, I realized it was NEXT Sunday (the 17th not the 10th). :oops:
Went back out to help make more snowmen and knock snow off of bushes.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think we have played ourselves out of the tourney, already. Loses to low hanging fruit programs, do not get you in. The Wofford loss killed us and will hurt come March. Despite a quality win, 2-3 bad loses can erase it, in a heartbeat.

Our best hope is to go over .500 in ACC play and finish high in the tourney, once JO gets back. I just don't see it. Too many offensive issues. We play decent D, but horrid offense. Total opposite of the football team.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I think we have played ourselves out of the tourney, already. Loses to low hanging fruit programs, do not get you in. The Wofford loss killed us and will hurt come March. Despite a quality win, 2-3 bad loses can erase it, in a heartbeat.

Our best hope is to go over .500 in ACC play and finish high in the tourney, once JO gets back. I just don't see it. Too many offensive issues. We play decent D, but horrid offense. Total opposite of the football team.
we played ourselves out of the tourney when we lost to Grambling State when they were a 300 RPI team

Mojo71

Georgia Tech Fan
First let me say that I Lovvvvve Tech. Always will be MY team. Second, I can't say that I'm not disappointed, cause I am. Just have to keep things in perspective, and hope for the best. I do love our 2018 recruiting class, but we need EJ Montgomery or some similar Big to replace Big Ben.