Dog House

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How long will Benson be an occupant? Looks like he has ball security issues. That is Pauls biggest pet peeve.

Till the Miami game kick off. Everything I've seen makes Benson out to be a team player.

I was glad he was pulled. Wouldn't a late game injury with the game won have sucked? He is essential for the Miami game.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think he is in dog house. CPJ isn't happy about the fumbles, but I think CPJ knows Benson knows why the fumble happened and he won't do it again. I covered the post game press conference for a local radio station and I didn't get the feel Benson was in the dog house. He made a mistake, he knows it, he won't do it again. End of story. We will never have a season without fumbles. Even Alabama fumbles sometimes. It's part of the game. I imagine he will hear about it in film. I imagine a lot of players will hear about a lot of things in film study.

Benson is an amazing player and truly seems to be great young man. I will say this, after being at the press conference, GT's student athletes are second to know in the way they carry themselves. I was super impressed and proud to call GT my alma mater.

To add to it I was an athletic tutor at OM while in law school and, while they also had some really great student athletes, very rarely did I come across any individual half as impressive as any one of the 10-12 student athletes I interacted with Saturday. This is not a slight to OM, but I was truly impressed with the class of individuals we had in the locker room. It was on a entirely different level. I come into contact with many different people in all walks of life in my profession, and I sit here still impressed on Sunday.

Maybe I've said to much to say, he doesn't seem to be in the dog house. Maybe I'm wrong.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
It's called hero ball in basketball, where you try to go for the dagger (stretching out for the TD) instead of the safe and smart play (living to fight another down). It can be coached out of someone if they are willing to be coached which Benson seems to be. We have a new QB/BB coach so hopefully Candeto is working with Benson and Marshall both about holding on to the ball. CPJ I think needs to work one-on-one with those guys because everyone involved is new either to starting at their respective positions or to coaching. No offense to CCC implied, just that young coaches need coaching as well.

Benson will play and start. He made a dumb mov, just drive and if you don't make it , 2nd down. I do like seeing Howard in there because we need a strong 2nd B-back. Benson looks to get tired. Also he looks a bit musclebound in the legs.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Two years ago, it appeared that benson would never see the field between Marshall and mills and now he's a clear starter and an impact player. We need to give him some time and maybe a bit more leeway. I think he'll get there and seems to improve week in and week out

MarineJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
For IBB, LMAO. Your second post really made me laugh. I can't tell you how many times I have looked back at what I just posted or hit "send" on and the auto-correct changed it completely. Especially on my iphone. That really pisses me off when I am texting and don't even bother to proof read, and then see it later....

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Benson is a stud.He maybe will fumble a bit by going for extra yds but that is 2nd and 5 instead of 2nd and 7 many times.A great ability that alows our run success.He will learn to be better..

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I'm just glad that the last couple of fumble errors happened in games we won. Hopefully lessons are learned so that we minimize them in games that have less margin of error. Still shocked that we could have won with 10 points. Typically having these turnovers would have lost us the game.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Benson's talent keeps him on the field, for sure. When's the last time you saw a GT B back rip off 45+ yard TD runs up the middle (or on a slant) in each of the last 2 games? Where he ran through tacklers...kept his balance...and then outran the remaining defenders to pay dirt? Those runs weren't runs like some where he ripped through the line untouched and then out-sprinted the defense to a TD....those were exceptional runs where he bounced off tacklers and kept his legs churning and turned a small gain into a long run. So, yeah...he'll keep playing a lot....thank you very much.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Benson's runs were amazing, no doubt, but let's not overlook all the blocks that set them up. Not just up front, but all over the field. Our players are very unselfish and block their arses off for each other. Some even showcase their speed to get ahead of plays when they start behind it just to throw a block.

Benson's runs were amazing, no doubt, but let's not overlook all the blocks that set them up. Not just up front, but all over the field. Our players are very unselfish and block their arses off for each other. Some even showcase their speed to get ahead of plays when they start behind it just to throw a block.
The OL and A backs are blocking extremely well so far this year. The only team to stop our offense this year so far has been ourselves.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think some missed blocks by Benson made PJ just as frustrated as the reaching fumble. I also think Benson is NOT in the doghouse.

I will say this though about TM's fumble. He carries the ball loosely on a lot of his runs. It has been scaring me all year that just a poke will dislodge it, and that is what happened yesterday. I hope he learns how to carry it tight under his arm, and use 2 hands in traffic.