Does this board provide more coverage and a positive outlook on GT than any other??

CLHarperJackt

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi All,

I often lurk on GT message boards but very rarely post.

I want to thank Eric for this message board and all the effort that is put into it.

While the infinite threads on the Hive are great for conferences and TV information and laughs, this board is a wonderful source of news, insight and entertainment specific to GT.

The relatively positive/optimistic vibe of the board is also a breath of fresh air.

Is there a better GT message board?

Thanks from a lurker.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
This is the best one as of now. Hopefully it stays that way. There has to be a good balance of mod interference and letting guys talk, and eric and the others seem to do a very good job of that, especially compared to other boards. I stopped posting on other boards because they just got weird and guys weren't talking about sports anymore. So as of now this one is the best and I think it will be for some time.

GT_Johnnybodkin

Jolly Good Fellow
This is by far the best GT board (and it's not even close)... I think people here do a good job at representing Tech. Plus everyone seems well-informed or eager to learn.

Other boards seem to be overly negative and I see too many personal attacks on student atheletes or other board members for speaking their opinion.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is by far the best GT board (and it's not even close)... I think people here do a good job at representing Tech. Plus everyone seems well-informed or eager to learn.

Other boards seem to be overly negative and I see too many personal attacks on student atheletes or other board members for speaking their opinion.

+1

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I read them all, but the other two have too many juvenile posters. One turns into who can make the cutest comment and the other turns into a name calling contest. This is by far the best in pure content.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Personally I enjoy all of the message boards, though I must admit, this one is becoming my favorite. I think you do get more inside breaking information here than even the for pay Tech sites.

Go Jackets!

I think the other boards are fine as long as you know what you're getting into. This is the site to come to for legit, no nonsense discussion/insight.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Stingtalk is entertaining. I usually get a lot of laughs reading that board and there will be some good discussions and some knowledgeable posters. I haven't been to the Hive in a long time.

GTsportstalk went from being the best to the worst really fast. There used to be a good balance over there and after Boomer and others left, that board really doesn't provide anything. There's about 5 people left on that board and none of them can talk football and discuss x's and o's and/or players on our team, etc. Jim ran all of the good posters off. His site crashed during UGA week and he said if we would've beaten UGA, he was ready to ban all posters who expressed their excitement about the win. You can't have an intelligent football conversation without someone douching up the thread saying, "1-15 against the big 4" or "28-25 since Gailey's guys left," even though it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Unless you think that PJ is the worst coach in GT history or you want to stage a public execution of PJ, you're probably not a good fit for that board. I would receive PM from people on that board calling me a POS. I was told in that same message to go F myself. And yet that same person who said those things to me was looked at as a hero by the rest on the board.

This one is by far the best and it's not close. There's not a GT board that gives you the inside info, recruiting info and just overall intelligent football discussions that this board provides. This board has a reputation for being a bunch of positive "pollyannas" but I think there is some balance here. I think there are overly positive people just like every other board but there are also a lot of people here who don't like where the program is headed. You can actually have real football discussions and have a different opinion than others and not get attacked.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
This has become my most frequented board because of the accuracy and consistency of the conversation. I enjoy other people's opinions but especially when you can convey your thoughts and understand that your thoughts aren't the "be all end all." I occasionally might wander to check on something at another site and I do subscribe to the AJC but if I want to know something this is where I come to first. I have told all of my GT buddies and ones that I meet about this site because it is so well done.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Stingtalk is entertaining. I usually get a lot of laughs reading that board and there will be some good discussions and some knowledgeable posters. I haven't been to the Hive in a long time.

GTsportstalk went from being the best to the worst really fast. There used to be a good balance over there and after Boomer and others left, that board really doesn't provide anything. There's about 5 people left on that board and none of them can talk football and discuss x's and o's and/or players on our team, etc. Jim ran all of the good posters off. His site crashed during UGA week and he said if we would've beaten UGA, he was ready to ban all posters who expressed their excitement about the win. You can't have an intelligent football conversation without someone douching up the thread saying, "1-15 against the big 4" or "28-25 since Gailey's guys left," even though it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Unless you think that PJ is the worst coach in GT history or you want to stage a public execution of PJ, you're probably not a good fit for that board. I would receive PM from people on that board calling me a POS. I was told in that same message to go F myself. And yet that same person who said those things to me was looked at as a hero by the rest on the board.

This one is by far the best and it's not close. There's not a GT board that gives you the inside info, recruiting info and just overall intelligent football discussions that this board provides. This board has a reputation for being a bunch of positive "pollyannas" but I think there is some balance here. I think there are overly positive people just like every other board but there are also a lot of people here who don't like where the program is headed. You can actually have real football discussions and have a different opinion than others and not get attacked.
Hey POS, go F yourself. ;)

thwgjacket

This one is by far the best. I got so tired of the negativity on Stingtalk that I trolled pretty hard the other day and got banned. I appreciate a differing opinion in a constructive way. But when you remain free of negativity and the response is people calling you positive, as if it's a bad thing, it's just too cynical for me.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This one is by far the best. I got so tired of the negativity on Stingtalk that I trolled pretty hard the other day and got banned. I appreciate a differing opinion in a constructive way. But when you remain free of negativity and the response is people calling you positive, as if it's a bad thing, it's just too cynical for me.

:D I don't think you deserved a ban though.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The difference between this board and most others is that we fairly well self-police and tend to not bite when someone trolls. Not always, but most of the time. Additionally, the mods laid out the ground rules fairly clearly early.

Also, this board tends to promote "critical analysis" not "positiveness" or "negativity". Fairly quickly a negative nelly will be called out, but someone who has a basis for his/her critical comments tends to get debated. Not always, but mostly.