DJ White. (Ecstasy and Agony)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, it's usually a good sign when you're trusted to go up against Sammy Watkins 1 on 1 most of the game. He got beat quite a few times, but I definitely felt good about his future after watching him match strides with Sammy all game.

Butler22

Georgia Tech Fan
As I was reading this I was thinking this exact same thing. I was telling my brother last year that he was going to be a future mid-round guy if he improved his ball skills. He's ALWAYS there. I had gotten a little skeptical when he was beaten on that deep ball against Georgia Southern. But he more than made up for that.

CPj said last year that DJ had very good coverage and that Clemson just placed them perfectly. DJ is a baller and Ithink you could really see him coming on last year

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll echo the sentiments that I was very optimistic for DJ after last season. He was used pretty much exclusively to the boundary side and I was anxious over whether he could play the field side, but he showed that he could this year. He's always been good in coverage and has greatly improved his ball skills over the course of this season. He's fast, has decent size, is a pretty solid tackler. He could be a pretty high draft pick next year if he keeps progressing. I'm surprised he wasn't talked about more this year tbh.

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone else remember the Clemson game last year. Dj's sophomore year, It wasn't his best year. I remember Clemson specifically targeting him over and over again resulting to 2-3 TDs. I'm going to be honest, coming into this season I was very worried about our secondary after losing Thomas and Young. But man was I wrong. Without DJ White were 9-3 this season.
1. Pick against VT that clinched the Game.
2. NCST Pic-6 that flipped all momentum.
3. UGA game. Had to have a turnover, only up by 6.
It amazing how much deference an off season makes. Dj went from being your Avg. CB to one of the best of the Nation. That's all credited to his work ethic this off season.An with that being said I think Dj deserves even MORE praise than we give him. Thank you DJ!!
I remember Clemp being incredibly lucky with some perfect passes that he just missed. So sorry Tigers But the party is O.V.E.R. since you love to spell so much.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
D.J. is a product of a fine upbringing in a great family. He 's an example of what recruiting 'character' as well as talent does for you. He plays all out every play (if you go back and look at the Wofford game DJ came within a second of catching that guy that broke thru the line and ran the length of the field for a touchdown (a precursor of the Pitt rundown) . He leads by example and inspiring others to give 100% ( it paid off big dividends in the Georgia game i.e. Milton running down Chubbs at the 2 and when Nealy stripped Mitchell of the ball at the goal line). He resides in the Georgia Tech 'Hall of Heroes' forever.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I thought tackling improvement was tremendous. Our O line blocking has been commented upon and rewarded, but down field blocking improved as well. If our D takes another 30 % step forward or better. Charlotte here we come. Maybe playoff here we come.

you got that right and some. over the last 4 games we consistently put evil hits on the opposition.

i can remember 2 in the uga game where we sammiched the qb with 2 hits coming at the same time. there was another sack that i think adam gotsis had that was awesome.

in the past it always seemed that it was the other team's d that would hit one of our back so hard it looked like www. i can still picture a tackle where one of our guys near the sideline hit the back so hard it literally lifted him off his feet where he was slammed to the turf.

i could swear i saw snot bubbles but i think that came from richt after his boner on the kick off that allowed us to tie the game. i hope we beat those aholes so bad that richt retires.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
D.J. is a product of a fine upbringing in a great family. He 's an example of what recruiting 'character' as well as talent does for you. He plays all out every play (if you go back and look at the Wofford game DJ came within a second of catching that guy that broke thru the line and ran the length of the field for a touchdown (a precursor of the Pitt rundown) . He leads by example and inspiring others to give 100% ( it paid off big dividends in the Georgia game i.e. Milton running down Chubbs at the 2 and when Nealy stripped Mitchell of the ball at the goal line). He resides in the Georgia Tech 'Hall of Heroes' forever.
We had two strips at the 1 yardline that resulted in fumbles in that game... TWO. It's like all that bad karma from all the lucky breaks throughout the years came back to haunt the mutts all in one game. Well sort of, they're still up on the ledger.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
DJ told his Dad that this body slam was 'payback' for Godhigh in 2012.......
georgia_tech_at_georgia_0612.jpg

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
DJ is a real talent, certainly one of the most talented CBs we have had in CPJ's years (maybe the most talented?). If he were on Alabama's team, everybody would be talking about his NFL prospects. Either way, he will get his chance to play on Sundays, and it would not surprise me one bit to find him starting in the NFL for many years. He is THAT good, and he was a big part of any success we had on defense this year.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
DJ is a true corner, he has a little Jemea in him also seeming to make big plays in key situations. But DJ really seems to make coverage an art from the way he back petals, hand placement, hip turn and baiting Qbs like at Virginia Tech and Pitt. He looks to understand the CB position and is a perfectionist. I feel like he will be high on the draft board next year.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Great pic @Lexjacket! DJ also clearly puts the effort into film study. Players come to Tech and through hard work and effort (and coaching) they turn themselves into NFL players or prospects. Being at Bama may add hype and attention but the key issue will always be the players personal effort (and natural gifts).

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I know I'm late to the party and others have already talked about but in the Clempson game last I saw the coverage DJ had on his man whether it was Watkins or Bryant or whomever and I knew he was going to be a good one! Boyd had the game of his life with the throws he made and NO one was going to stop that. He's learned to be more physical but his technique has always been solid. He'll play on Sunday!

bcaff

Jolly Good Fellow
He is almost the perfect CB. Great speed, tackling, instincts, coverage skills, knowledge. He isn't even that undersized at 5-11. The only thing he lacks is winning some of those 1-on-1 battles when he is in position to make a play. It hurt him against Clemson last year and Georgia Southern this year. I'd rather take a CB who's in position to make a play than one who isn't. I think he'll be drafted next year