Disappearing Article

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Facebook? Twitter? Don't use them. I am still in the 20th century and don't trust any media of any kind. I am not sure I trust Jacket05 but since he went to high school it would seem in the late 1990s...I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
I previously used both Facebook and Twitter, but I hated them. My wife deleted her online social media accounts outside of LinkedIn in 2012. I followed her a few years later, but also kept this site. We never looked back.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Wait— if you’re saying I can’t trust Facebook, are you telling me those Deer Blind bad dad joke guys aren’t really sitting in a deer blind?!?!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I’ve never used Facebook. I think the business model is unethical and the algorithms tend to divide people by rewarding outrage. They also have, in the past, been the single largest platform for Russian political disinformation.

I am also a hypocrite in that I constantly ask my wife to keep me informed about family and friends on Facebook and catch me up on jokes and cute memes.
When I taught my college created Facebook and Twitter accounts for me. "Did they ask?", I hear you say. Why, of course not. Why would anyone not want to be sucked into an endless social media maelstrom? I was able to delete this Twitter account before everybody's favorite South African turned it into a pile of unidentifiable, but stinky, mush. I now am stuck with Facebook because my sisters use it and I have to respond to them. Too bad, that. I hate Facebook deeply.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
When I taught my college created Facebook and Twitter accounts for me. "Did they ask?", I hear you say. Why, of course not. Why would anyone not want to be sucked into an endless social media maelstrom? I was able to delete this Twitter account before everybody's favorite South African turned it into a pile of unidentifiable, but stinky, mush. I now am stuck with Facebook because my sisters use it and I have to respond to them. Too bad, that. I hate Facebook deeply.
I confess I use twitter but my rationale is that I’m on it to block every ad that shows up on my time line to help deny the revenue stream that supports the Russian bots.

And I’ve avoided Facebook thus far but the family social pressure to join is intense. The levels of self loathing over this are positively Shakespearean.

So, I sublimate by doubling down on the amount of time I waste with Swarm 🤣

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
LOL! Yeah, Twitter was great before Musk took over.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Since this thread is cooked, I'll jump in and say that now is the time to visit Twitter. The Cal Bears Twitter mob is on fire after their 3-0 start and worth the price of admission (free).

Absolutely electric trolling. Ex: Confident in a win @ FSU this weekend, they plan to rename the venue Woke Campbell Stadium.

Pour 1000 gallons of gasoline on that fire, and you're in for a treat.