• No

Votes: 27 47.4%

• Total voters

Milwaukee

Banned
5ADA79B3-F7A6-47F0-AAE2-20109DD1E13A.gif

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
You exercise that choice by not participating. (I voted yes. But I don’t even know why this is an issue and refuse to read all the back and forth)
Me and bwelbo were arguing about it in the duke thread. He thinks that we lost a drive and I say that it finished theirs. We never possessed the ball to start/make a drive IMO. It is a so semantics

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So this is a silly argument.

That being said, as it went we had 15 real drives (not counting the drives to end the halves that we made no attempt to move the ball. If we hadn't muffed that punt I don't see us getting an extra drive.

Another way of looking at it is with the muff we got the ball at the 25 at 8:39. If we hadn't muffed the punt we probably get the ball inside the 10 at about 8:41.

There isn't really any argument suggesting we actually lost a possession. we gave them 7 then got the ball at basically the same time we would have anyways.

Milwaukee

Banned
So this is a silly argument.

That being said, as it went we had 15 real drives (not counting the drives to end the halves that we made no attempt to move the ball. If we hadn't muffed that punt I don't see us getting an extra drive.

Another way of looking at it is with the muff we got the ball at the 25 at 8:39. If we hadn't muffed the punt we probably get the ball inside the 10 at about 8:41.

There isn't really any argument suggesting we actually lost a possession. we gave them 7 then got the ball at basically the same time we would have anyways.
Do you know how football statistics work with regards to change of possessions, turnovers, etc?
Don’t answer that, you already did.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
For those voting yes because there was a "turnover" - if Duke threw an interception, then we fumbled the ball back to Duke, then they fumble back to us, then we fumble back to them all on the same play, does that mean that both teams lost two drives on that one play?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
We gave up a possession so it amounts to the same thing as losing a potential drive.
And we gained one at the end of the game due to the time. This is a stupid argument. Net effect of the whole thing was +7 for Duke, as basically no time went off the clock. That’s the only thing that mattered. Who gives a crap about this mythical drive?

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd say forcing a punt ended Duke's drive, which should mean, that we should be starting a drive. Since we fumbled the catch, and Duke picked it up and scored, both GT and Duke lost a drive.