Did the CFP get it right?

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
After the semifinals, I don’t feel like we had the most competitive matchups we could’ve had. That being said, I agreed with the matchups coming in.

I don’t think that ND will get in again with an undefeated record, until the join a conference. That’s good for college football.

OK got punched in the mouth early, but they fought back and made it a pretty competitive game. With their record and offensive power, they deserved to be there.

The argument against ugag remains that if they were to have made it in after a loss to bama, that the seccg meant nothing and was basically an exhibition to determine seedings. ugag had a say in it, had they not blown a 2 td lead in the 2nd half again.

I do feel like 8 teams would make it more competitive, but I think the committee got it right again, at least for this year. Whether we like a rematch or not, these continue to be the two best programs in the country.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
After the semifinals, I don’t feel like we had the most competitive matchups we could’ve had. That being said, I agreed with the matchups coming in.

I don’t think that ND will get in again with an undefeated record, until the join a conference. That’s good for college football.

OK got punched in the mouth early, but they fought back and made it a pretty competitive game. With their record and offensive power, they deserved to be there.

The argument against ugag remains that if they were to have made it in after a loss to bama, that the seccg meant nothing and was basically an exhibition to determine seedings. ugag had a say in it, had they not blown a 2 td lead in the 2nd half again.

I do feel like 8 teams would make it more competitive, but I think the committee got it right again, at least for this year. Whether we like a rematch or not, these continue to be the two best programs in the country.
I think UGAG and Ohio State should have been in the Playoffs instead of Notre Dame and Oklahoma

slugboy

Staff member
I think they did better in selecting and seeding teams this year than last year. Maybe Ohio State was a better pick than Oklahoma.

And UCF isn’t really on the same level as the playoff teams, but there’s not much more you could ask them to do. They’re getting shafted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure what the answer is. Alabama and Clemson are on another level at this point, they are the best 2 in the country no doubt. I'm sure an 8 team play off would be more exciting, who knows. I guess I just want the playing field to be more competitive, instead it bfeels like Clemson and Alabama are nfl teams. Either way I'm not super thrilled about watching these two for the fourth year, will be a good game no doubt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

The Committee got it right within their rules.

Next year with the same record, ND gets in again. ND had a SOS of .798 which was one of the highest. ( http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cf2018.htm ) I don't know how it's that high given the only really good team they played was Michigan and maybe Syracuse. They only played 5 teams with winning schedules...... http://atomicfootball.com/archive/teams/tm_70.html

There is too much of a fan base and money behind ND. Plus, the committee would be excommunicated, exorcised and burned at the stake for blasphemy. Such is life.

Oh yeah, I love that UGAg is probably as good as Alabama and Clemson and not there. I guess that validates the way they pick teams.(y):):)(y)

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

If the mutt fans can actually remember and actually believe their own hype, Oklahoma "won" the second half, so it isn't a beat down. According to their own logic in 2008, Oklahoma deserved to be in the game.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
IMO, College Football is broken and ESPN is the biggest culprit.
The pool of schools competing at the top level keeps shrinking and the bowl system is flat out diluted with games nobody wants to see financed by ESPN.
As a rabid college football fan, after watching the first game Saturday and then watching UA take a 28-0 lead, I decide to turn the TV off and play Battleship with my grandson ...
And then Sunday morning I go to check the final score on the ESPN website and the lead article is how great Clemson vs. Alabama IV is for college football = Yawn !!
There needs to be a governing body that is NOT ESPN or the current toothless NCAA ...