Did Anyone Scout UCF last night?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I noticed too late that UCF was playing last night, and by the time I tuned in during the 3rd quarter the game was already a blowout (54-10) and there wasn't any paint in watching to learn much about them.

Did anyone else watch and were there any conclusions to be drawn? Is FIU that bad or might UCF be a formidable opponent?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
fiu is bad
ucf its hard to tell right now...

either way i don't think this is a good game for us; ucf can absolutely beat us. All we have to do is play a tad bad and we lose IMO. And I believe we are on the road, we are a bullseye for their season IMO.

S Frost needs a few big wins so he can go to a bigger program...

If we are going to schedule OOC I don't like this AAC Conf USA crap. I would rather play vandy every year. Or Miss St. Or Kentucky. Or whoever in the SEC sucks.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
They won based on speed on and missed assignments on offense. They couldn't get a push up the middle. Jury is out on their defense for me. We should win by 2+ tds

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They have a lot of short air raid type of passes like UNC does.

Don't worry our defense has never had any problems with that.

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

Not even cool, JFU.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I get the concern just because it's easy to overlook games like this...

...but you realize these guys lost every game against an S&P+ top 80 team they played last year, right?

I'm guessing we win by 14+ as long as we don't come out and play like garbage.

upload_2017-9-1_8-41-16.png

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
They lost to Maryland, Temple, and Arkansas State last year. If we are going to compete with the big boys like we want we need to be able to beat this team by 14+. We should beat them pretty badly as long as the defense shows up.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
UCF was favored by 17.

Last I saw preseason we should be favored by about 7 or 8 down there. Definitely no cake walk, but we are the better team on average.

My brother lives in Orlando. His roommate is a UCF season ticket holder. This is the big game for them on their schedule this year, and it's at 7:30pm.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
UCF was favored by 17.

Last I saw preseason we should be favored by about 7 or 8 down there. Definitely no cake walk, but we are the better team on average.

My brother lives in Orlando. His roommate is a UCF season ticket holder. This is the big game for them on their schedule this year, and it's at 7:30pm.

Yeah, I'll be going down for that game and surely would hate to see them upset us. All I can think of is Middle Tennessee State and Kansas. GT has the ability to beat anyone....and the ability to lose to anyone.

They won based on speed on and missed assignments on offense. They couldn't get a push up the middle. Jury is out on their defense for me. We should win by 2+ tds
I heard the aftermath on radio. Apparently UCF put up 40 before halftime. Scott Frost was a good hire for them. They had several player interviews--all articulate and very polite. I was impressed. Next up for them is Memphis which will be a better barometer.

Jmonty71

Banned
I wasn't impressed. Just like I wasn't impressed with Wake Forrest's win. Against a much weaker opponent. They look to not have a great O line. They use quick slants, which Roof has never figured out to defend. But, we should move the ball and control it. Their offense will be limited. I see us winning by 20.

After watching part of the UCF game and most of the Ohio St. game, I continue to say, if you can't run the ball you can't win. FIU is a terrible team so we have no barometer on this.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah i watched. Like others said FIU is awful, wasnt impressed by UCF. Hope people are fooled by the score and our line for that game is close to win some easy $$

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I came away with FIU sucks and I mean suuuuuuuuuucks! Sure UCF can score but as long as we control the clock and not turn it over we will be fine. They will fall behind and panic to score quickly leading to turnovers. And they have no run game.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Only way this a close game is if CTR decides to play his favorite super soft zone. UCF was pretty one-dimensional. The spread teams that give us trouble are the one that can pick yds on the ground and have our D on its heel

Jmonty71

Banned
Only way this a close game is if CTR decides to play his favorite super soft zone. UCF was pretty one-dimensional. The spread teams that give us trouble are the one that can pick yds on the ground and have our D on its heel
This goes for every game. CTR needs to stop playing "not to lose" He needs to learn how to play to win. There is a huge difference.