Derrick Moore

Jackethawk

Jolly Good Fellow
I just wanted to let the middle Georgia tech fans know the Derrick Moore will be speaking tomorrow night at our football banquet in Washington County. Ten bucks a head for a meal, a chance to hear the legend speak, and rub shoulders with a future Yellow Jacket in AJ Gray. I actually have two extra tickets I would be willing to give to any Tech fan that wants to make the drive.

I just wanted to let the middle Georgia tech fans know the Derrick Moore will be speaking tomorrow night at our football banquet in Washington County. Ten bucks a head for a meal, a chance to hear the legend speak, and rub shoulders with a future Yellow Jacket in AJ Gray. I actually have two extra tickets I would be willing to give to any Tech fan that wants to make the drive.
Good deal in getting him there. That should be a great evening. Hope you'll give us a report afterwards.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

make sure to have the football gear ready..after that gentleman speaks, your kids are going to want to go out and hit somebody. Heck, so will the moms, dads, and grandparents. you need to have an outlet or all heck may break out down there! You have been warned.;)

Wish I could attend.I can't imagine a better ambassador for "the I" than Mr. Moore. You all will enjoy your banquet.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
You mean Chaplain Derrick "the Closer" Moore? He's also been a great recruiting surprise, along with Joe Hamilton. When we have recruits (and their families) in pregames they have a chance to meet several people, including these two fine representatives of our program, and I assure you, they leave quite an impression; oftentimes they can spend more time on gameday (prior to the game) with recruits than coaches.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
You mean Chaplain Derrick "the Closer" Moore? He's also been a great recruiting surprise, along with Joe Hamilton. When we have recruits (and their families) in pregames they have a chance to meet several people, including these two fine representatives of our program, and I assure you, they leave quite an impression; oftentimes they can spend more time on gameday (prior to the game) with recruits than coaches.
None of this surprises me. Moore is such a passionate speaker and person, it's obvious why he'd be a good recruiter. Also, on game days coaches have a slightly more important job those days than hanging with HS kids. Glad we have a couple guys ready to step up and take charge.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I will step up and testify that D.Moore, as well as JoeHam, sold me more on my grandson playing for GT than the coach who was recruiting him. They are great advocates of not only the Yellow Jackets but of the education available and the transition from being a high school kid to a college man.

Can't wait to see Tre' play. I was a fan of PJ Davis first time I saw him play and I anticipate similar play from Tre'. Hope school is going well. It took me into my soph year before I figured out what changes I needed to make in my study habits. Hope Tre' is getting some advice I didn't. Best of luck and will be watching. Glad to hear about JoeH contribution and D Moore's contribution.

Jackethawk

Jolly Good Fellow
Man that was awesome. He did not diassapoint. Had the whole room in the palm of his hand. Best part, he hung around after the banquet until just about everyone was gone, making sure to speak to as many people as possible. I will never forget having a former assistant coach of ours speak a few years back when B. Watts was still in high school and when he got done speaking, he left. It was very embarrassing as a Tech fan.

I will step up and testify that D.Moore, as well as JoeHam, sold me more on my grandson playing for GT than the coach who was recruiting him. They are great advocates of not only the Yellow Jackets but of the education available and the transition from being a high school kid to a college man.
For so many, playing football IN ORDER TO GET AN EDUCATION is the key. This isn't rocket surgery for anyone who is willing to listen. If you can make it to the NFL, priceless. But most do not. To get your degree from Georgia Tech as opposed to, say, marking time in bogus classes elsewhere is a ridiculously simple decision. We are so fortunate to have men like Derrick and Joe, and many others, who help to paint the true picture of what the decision is all about.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
What I like about DM is if you pay attention to him during the games, he's excited as just about anyone after our boys make a great play or make a great stop. He's always one of the first guys out to congratulate the player or the unit when they step off the field, and he's also one of the first guys to give a player a pat on the back and a word of encouragement when things don't go our way.

The guy really cares about each and every one in our program. You can tell GT means more than just a job to him.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
During the Hawks Wizards game tonight they played the audio of Derrick Moore before the Miami game during a timeout with about 1 min to go
So it was the Wizards arena staff that played the clip to their fans? That is some impressive reach Moore has had with the speech.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
I haven't played football since high school and I am almost 47 but after listening to that I am ready to throw some pads on and run through that brick wall! Incredible!