Depth Chart released

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
until today.......
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/dennis-andrews-no-longer-on-team/nmSx4/
I'm guessing he was left off the depth chart but still on the roster two weeks ago because of due process.
This is unexpected.
Anyone know what this might be about?
I was really kind of counting on him. Now a slight apprehension envelops my assessment of the A-back position.

Consolation is that we had a whole posse of players forced to leave the team before last season and it actually seemed to help the overall team spirit.

Thoughts anyone?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
This is unexpected.
I was really kind of counting on him. Now a slight apprehension envelops my assessment of the A-back position.

Consolation is that we had a whole posse of players forced to leave the team before last season and it actually seemed to help the overall team spirit.

Thoughts anyone?

Losing Andrews is a hit...but
These are my thoughts:
(1) use a few more QB running plays and use Byerly more to spread the licks
(2) opens up opportunities for more PT for Searcy and Lynch and Willis (hopefully one or more steps up) and makes Snoddy "the man"
(3) opens freshmen competition amomg Jarrett, T Marshall, Cottrell and best blocker wins
(4) might move M Marshall to AB (leaving Allen/Skov/Weimerskirch/MLD to battle for BB) and longterm might put M Marshall and MLD on the field at the same time
(5) unlike the DL issue (lack of competitive bodies) in 2014, the AB position is well endowed with young talented bodies and there is time with practice and hard work to fill this hole very nicely. Coaches will step up and take care of this.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This is unexpected.

Thoughts anyone?
You know what? Right now Paul Johnson is sitting in his office scheming to prove he can win without him. Kind of plays to his strength.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
A few years ago We stopped getting ol guys that coming out of his were at upper limit of size. Burden just grew dominant and edged into starting role. Will be all American next season. Last year and this year we have gotten faster and faster rb recruits would will edge into starting role and then play for years. Wish DA was here to show them the ropes but adversity builds character. Speed will be evident at ND.

until today.......
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/dennis-andrews-no-longer-on-team/nmSx4/
I'm guessing he was left off the depth chart but still on the roster two weeks ago because of due process.
Hard to fathom. Given the history of the position, Andrews was poised to run for 700 or 800 yards this fall--maybe more if Justin Thomas became the primary focus of opposing defenses. Might have been a real star. You tell them not to put beans in their ears, and yet they still put beans in their ears.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
Remember last year in mid-May when the team posted the post-Spring Depth Chart?

That was awesome.

(Except for the Dennis Andrews part, but still...)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Hard to fathom. Given the history of the position, Andrews was poised to run for 700 or 800 yards this fall--maybe more if Justin Thomas became the primary focus of opposing defenses. Might have been a real star. You tell them not to put beans in their ears, and yet they still put beans in their ears.
I admit I like it, but you have to admit that would be fun to see.