Demaryius Thomas’s mother has prison sentence commuted

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The number that's the most important is the guaranteed number...and that's a whopping number for DT. Good for him.

For reference, Calvin's overall number was bigger (a lot bigger), but his contract was 7/$113.45 with $53.25 guaranteed.

So while Calvin's overall guaranteed number was also larger, he also is tied down for 2 more years making his per year guarantee at $7.46/year while DT's is $8.7 per year on a shorter contract. DT will get to capitalize again real soon.

This was a very business savvy deal for DT. So...what can GT do? See: Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas.
Actually if they decide to keep Johnson he will make better than $16 mil a year unless it is renegotiated. Not sure where you got your number. On the other hand Detroit can release him outright and he walks as a pauper. Not.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Great news, if I was Denver I'd make sure to get him signed long term because he has a new motivation to shine this year. I expect him to come out ON FIRE!
They'll get it done but Thomas has developed a nasty habit of dropping passes. Including one Sunday. In one game early on he dropped four. That is a Stephen Hill number. Don't know what causes it but it has to stop for Denver. He already, under the new offense, is getting targeted much less so he has to get those thrown at him.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
When Peyton took the final snap today and spiked it, he immediately retrieved the ball and turned around to Demaryius and gave him the game ball. According to Bob Costas, he told him to give the game ball to his mother.

Pretty classy move on Peyton's part and if you're going to have a first game to see your son play, today was a good one.
Well, that is a class move for sure. Well done Peyton.