Demaryius Thomas’s mother has prison sentence commuted

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Great news, if I was Denver I'd make sure to get him signed long term because he has a new motivation to shine this year. I expect him to come out ON FIRE!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Now this

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...maryius-thomas-more-than-12-million-per-year/

Looks like Calvin and DT are destined, at least for a little while, to be the two highest paid WR in the NFL. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Cutcliff.
From reading the story it looks like Thomas has a lot more leverage left. And not to throw stuff into the feel good gears, but I hope some of those old associations connected to mother and grandmother and their drug sales are not attracted back to a guy making that kind of money.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
lXvKmvy.gif

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
From reading the story it looks like Thomas has a lot more leverage left. And not to throw stuff into the feel good gears, but I hope some of those old associations connected to mother and grandmother and their drug sales are not attracted back to a guy making that kind of money.
Bay Bay is not going to let anything ruin this, he saved himself from the bad situation and I'm sure he's going to make sure his mom is nowhere near the folks that might try to drag her back down.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The number that's the most important is the guaranteed number...and that's a whopping number for DT. Good for him.

For reference, Calvin's overall number was bigger (a lot bigger), but his contract was 7/$113.45 with $53.25 guaranteed.

So while Calvin's overall guaranteed number was also larger, he also is tied down for 2 more years making his per year guarantee at $7.46/year while DT's is $8.7 per year on a shorter contract. DT will get to capitalize again real soon.

This was a very business savvy deal for DT. So...what can GT do? See: Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hard to believe we're celebrating this crap. Good for Bebe, but his mother would and should be incarcerated if not for Obama.
Seriously dude? She got out 2 years early. Why should she still be in prison? 15 years wasn't good enough? You don't think she learned a lesson during that time? People make mistakes in life for various reasons and what she did was wrong but that doesn't mean she still deserves to be locked up. That's just ignorant talk imo. Why even post if it's negative. I'm happy for bey bey I'm sure this is something he has been waiting for, and he finally gets his mom to be able to watch him play. If anything, at least be happy for him that he gets to experience something most kids get to way before this stage in their life.

GTsuperfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard to believe we're celebrating this crap. Good for Bebe, but his mother would and should be incarcerated if not for Obama.

Pretty insensitive @Milwaukee. At the end of the day it comes down to this. 15 years is a long time but young black drug dealers have always been unfairly punished in their sentencing.

"Should" be incarcerated is a very harsh and naive position when rapists, cocaine dealers, and murderers can get lesser sentences.

I'll leave these two article here for you to decide.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/pa-woman-sentenced-10-years-n-murder-hire-plot-article-1.2402830

http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/drugs/crack-vs-coke-sentencing/

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
When Peyton took the final snap today and spiked it, he immediately retrieved the ball and turned around to Demaryius and gave him the game ball. According to Bob Costas, he told him to give the game ball to his mother.

Pretty classy move on Peyton's part and if you're going to have a first game to see your son play, today was a good one.