Deflategate!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Well, well, well...............Mr. Brady gets a 4 game suspension, Pats lose their 1st round pick in '16 and fined 1MM! Wonder if Goddell and Craft are still bestest buddies?????? :D

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
... and a 4th rounder in '17.

Have liked the Patriots, too bad they were too blatant in some of the "cheating" they've done over the last few years. I've limited to no doubt that Tom B. was deeply involved/instigated the deflation process. JMO.

gtzulu

Georgia Tech Fan
Question for baseball fans since I haven't followed baseball in years: Batters who use corked bats or pitchers who grease the ball--do they go down in history as cheaters? Or is it punished and forgotten?

I think there might be a range of cheating egregiousness, and some cheating on the borderline of gamesmanship is more forgivable. With "Deflategate", is it possible Brady knew what he was doing but didn't know it was against the rules? In that case I'd put it more on the near-gamesmanship side of the spectrum.

(Realize I'm really late to this conversation.)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
To quote an All-American sport, "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin".

I think this is all a media inspired feeding frenzy since there is so little real news leading up to the SuperBowl. I think the football inflation had very little to do with the Patriots winning by 4 TDs or whatever over the gelded Colts. (I am NOT a Patriots fan.)

The punishment is nothing more than a PR driven response IMHO. You have to appear tough when you can ........

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
The Patriots could have thrown around a rock and beaten the Colts in that game.
The Pats have just been caught with their hand in the cookie jar with no real way to defend what they were doing.

Regarding the baseball comparison, they mostly get remembered for getting caught only if they get caught. those not nailed red handed have the allure of something magical that plays as much of a mind game with the opponent as anything else.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
To quote an All-American sport, "If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin".

I think this is all a media inspired feeding frenzy since there is so little real news leading up to the SuperBowl. I think the football inflation had very little to do with the Patriots winning by 4 TDs or whatever over the gelded Colts. (I am NOT a Patriots fan.)

The punishment is nothing more than a PR driven response IMHO. You have to appear tough when you can ........

That tough on ball deflation in a league filled with criminals. This takes the spotlight off of individuals with bad things going on and put its on the most recent most hated franchise.

Its ridiculous.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
This is totally false equivalency. I agree that murder/rape/etc are heinous. However, those crimes are crimes against individuals. Lying or obstructing investigative attempts is a threat against the system itself. It's why perjury can carry the same penalty as assault or in some cases murder. Stating it as simpleton-ish as "Hey y'alls, murder is worse than lyin'!" is the province of UGA fans. Think harder.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ok, just say "Ideal Gas Law". Sure.

PV=nRT as we all know. So Pressure is proportional to temperature. The problem is that the T is measured in degrees K, not C or F. So 25 degrees F is about 460 K and 55 degrees F is 490 K.

So the increase in pressure from 25 to 55 degrees would be about 6.5% (=1.065=490/460).

Like me, the NFL likes to keep their balls warm in games so you have to play with the assumptions .....

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Link - one of many possible links

Wow, most folks COPY the SIM card data so that we don't have to manually update a lot of information... Doesn't look so good for Tom's "I know nothing" defense regarding Deflategate.

"New information has come forward in the ball deflation scandal involving Tom Brady and the Patriots.

It appears as though critical text messages were exchanged between the Patriots quarterback and several other teammates and team employees that proved that Brady was very much aware of the plan to illegally deflate the official playing balls of the NFL."

“At the hearing, Mr. Brady testified that it is his practice to destroy (or to give to his assistant to destroy) his cellphone and SIM cards when he gets a new cell phone.”

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
CMOxbbYWsAAYqDz.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Link - one of many possible links

Wow, most folks COPY the SIM card data so that we don't have to manually update a lot of information... Doesn't look so good for Tom's "I know nothing" defense regarding Deflategate.

"New information has come forward in the ball deflation scandal involving Tom Brady and the Patriots.

It appears as though critical text messages were exchanged between the Patriots quarterback and several other teammates and team employees that proved that Brady was very much aware of the plan to illegally deflate the official playing balls of the NFL."

“At the hearing, Mr. Brady testified that it is his practice to destroy (or to give to his assistant to destroy) his cellphone and SIM cards when he gets a new cell phone.”

Obviously Tom Brady is ready to be a professional politician next. He can tell part of the truth and make it sound like the truth.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
LOL!!
Kind of like - " I turned all over all the appropriate emails... I only deleted the emails that were personal in nature.. Like yoga class..."