Defensive Line

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
This has been a weak spot for a number of years. Do we have any legit recruits in the pipeline? Also, I know we have the transfer from UF, but what will the rest of the line look like next year?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
This has been a weak spot for a number of years. Do we have any legit recruits in the pipeline? Also, I know we have the transfer from UF, but what will the rest of the line look like next year?
We have 4 commits (2 of those are hybrid players) and we are recruiting about 6 guys right now (Perry, Anderson, Jones, Stackhouse, Lewis, and Hardy). It seems like we have a decent shot with 4 of them as of right now.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
We have 4 commits (2 of those are hybrid players) and we are recruiting about 6 guys right now (Perry, Anderson, Jones, Stackhouse, Lewis, and Hardy). It seems like we have a decent shot with 4 of them as of right now.
This is encouraging

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
If we don’t ever get this solved, we are going to have to be near perfect on offense and don’t see that happening anytime soon

GTFLETCH

Banned
To be fair.... We have lost Big B and J. Lee... And the DE Transfer from Florida was told to sit by NCAA... Why J. Fields was able to play right away at Ohio State, but not our transfers make no sense.... But we have had three major losses on the DL this year... I actually think the DL is playing pretty well

Going forward we need Depth and Talent on both the OL and DL.... I do not see any 4 or 5 star OL/DL commits on yahoo rivals this upcoming year... So Hopefully we can find another 2 star gems like Adam Gostis or Kenny Cooper....

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck

If they can get 3 of these guys signed along with our current recruits that would be a huge win.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
To be fair.... We have lost Big B and J. Lee... And the DE Transfer from Florida was told to sit by NCAA... Why J. Fields was able to play right away at Ohio State, but not our transfers make no sense.... But we have had three major losses on the DL this year... I actually think the DL is playing pretty well

Going forward we need Depth and Talent on both the OL and DL.... I do not see any 4 or 5 star OL/DL commits on yahoo rivals this upcoming year... So Hopefully we can find another 2 star gems like Adam Gostis or Kenny Cooper....
**Jones and Stackhouse are 4* and Jones would be HUGE!!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Don't worry about signings with regards to next year. In college football, an 18 year old rarely comes in and can shove around a grown *** 22 year old on the other side of the ball. The signings are more important for 2, 3, 4 years out.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Don't worry about signings with regards to next year. In college football, an 18 year old rarely comes in and can shove around a grown *** 22 year old on the other side of the ball. The signings are more important for 2, 3, 4 years out.

Basically this. But i have to say, if we land a young DE that can rush he can make an impact faster. Dt is way harder

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
A quick DE can get around a less quick OT. It’s not always brute strength.

UpperNorth

Jolly Good Fellow

I believe Fields used an incident of a UGA student directing a racial slur at him as his reason for transferring. NCAA didn’t want to go there. I seldom agree with the NCAA’s reasoning however.

Clayton will help next year no doubt and hopefully some of our current guys can make some incremental improvement. Not holding out hope to see anybody drastically change. Lockhart might be a candidate because of his limited football background and position change, but that’s purely wishful thinking.

Current commits have some promise but none appear to be world beaters and none were offered by the upper echelon programs (Clem, Bama, Ohio St, etc). Probably our best chance at difference makers are in the uncommitted prospects that have been listed. And even with them, who knows.