Film Study Defensive Breakdown vs. Pitt pt. 1

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Is the D harder to learn etc?
1. rule changes have greatly helped the offense, especially holding and now the targeting and low blocking rules not to mention bias to O officiating such as flagging the D for hitting you when you are close to being out of bounds
2. bigger faster runners and better passers/receivers on O makes the field to cover bigger for the D
3. D requires more physical effort and natural talent (find the ball and get off blocks) and fewer HS kids today want to play D

By far biggest reason is rule 1.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I have pt.2 available but when i reviewed it, it had my voice over but vid froze midway thru. Do you guys want the 2nd half of Pitt or want to wait on Clemson?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I have pt.2 available but when i reviewed it, it had my voice over but vid froze midway thru. Do you guys want the 2nd half of Pitt or want to wait on Clemson?

Well the only work required of me is to watch, which I enjoy. But you are the one spending valuable personal time. Only do half 2 if it brings you enjoyment.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

I would love to see it, i’m interested to know if we made adjustments to hold them to 3 points in the 2nd half or Pitt just took their foot off the gas?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Is the D harder to learn etc?
1. rule changes have greatly helped the offense, especially holding and now the targeting and low blocking rules not to mention bias to O officiating such as flagging the D for hitting you when you are close to being out of bounds
2. bigger faster runners and better passers/receivers on O makes the field to cover bigger for the D
3. D requires more physical effort and natural talent (find the ball and get off blocks) and fewer HS kids today want to play D

By far biggest reason is rule 1.

I thnk there’s more to our Defensive woes since Tenuta’s departure than just lack of talent. it seems to me like more of our problems in the last 10 years have been mental, or coaching/lack of prepardness or?

Deleted member 2897

If I were you, I’d save my time (and alcohol) for Clemson.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I do have a question for you @Ibeeballin. In your opinion, these errors you cite in film...How quickly do you think errors like these can be fixed / corrected to minimize them to more acceptable levels in games?