Film Study Defensive breakdown vs Miami

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I don't think that is the case. There have been very few holding calls this year. Saw them in the Pitt and UNC game and they didn't get called.
I would normally be inclined to agree with you except that point doesn't nullify this one. I've seen other acc games where holds are called. This very much is starting to be a trend with us. If cuse doesn't upset Clemson we become the better tv vs them if our only loss is Tenn. Now miami being back is the better conference story.

FlakJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
2nd and 1 during the bubble party and nobody lined up any tighter than 8 or 9 yards. Really shouldn't expect anything more than the result we got. Thanks IBB, your expert analysis is awesome, but I wish I hadn't watched it again.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
The bubbles killed us.Even in line-up you can see the problem.Staying back gives an easy pass and our Def has to come up and slip down. pitiful

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
The bubbles killed us.Even in line-up you can see the problem.Staying back gives an easy pass and our Def has to come up and slip down. pitiful

Maybe that’s why the OP titled this thread “defensive breakdown”?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Some of y'all really do need to listen to this and take it to heart rather than let your emotions and frustrations dictate your reasonings.

@Ibeeballin thanks a ton for your insightful, unbiased, and fair (critical and complimentary) breakdowns of the calls and execution of same. I know it takes a lot of your personal time but it's really invaluable info you are providing.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Regardless of the defensive playcalling, it seems to me the players have a "deer in headlights" mentality in 2 minute drill situations. It's like they're expecting something bad to happen or for someone else to make a play. It's weird.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
Not ready to live through that again quite yet.

Its like one of those bad dreams where you are on the train tracks, see the train coming but can't move your legs.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Some of y'all really do need to listen to this and take it to heart rather than let your emotions and frustrations dictate your reasonings.

@Ibeeballin thanks a ton for your insightful, unbiased, and fair (critical and complimentary) breakdowns of the calls and execution of same. I know it takes a lot of your personal time but it's really invaluable info you are providing.

One of the best interviews I have ever seen from Coach. Very insightful and thoughtful comments without the ususal "let's get this over with" undertone.
Agree with your other point...shout out to ibb for the work. His work, along with longestdays and a few others, make this a great place to discuss GT FB.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
3 3rd downs in the 2nd half where a great call is thwarted by one of our guys slipping on the wet turf. Another where a normally sure handed receiver can’t hold on. That’s 4 opportunities right there that had nothing to do with being too conservative. Also, on the last drive, Quan had a great play to get a first down only to follow it with sack that could have been a td if he had quick pitched.

Deleted member 2897

What are y’all thoughts on the Freshman BJS and Antwon Owens?

I followed BJS more than Owens, so I'll speak to him a bit. He was the leading tackler Saturday, despite only playing after Mitchell left (IIRC). I felt like he played fine, but maybe was a little to quick to commit to a move. What I mean by that (and I'm not a defensive expert and I don't know the schemes and his assignments) is that it shows up in the tackles - many times it put him in the right spot and he made the tackle. But sometimes it put him in the wrong spot and hurt us (like the long run right up the middle). There were a couple times where he made the tackle and surprised me with how strong he was. I think he'll be good - the more playing time, the more confidence. Mitchell seemed to actually hit harder, but again, I'm kind of going from memory and could be wrong.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
What are y’all thoughts on the Freshman BJS and Antwon Owens?
Bruce is just as good as any other LB we have right now, and he's better than some. If he's leading us in tackles as a True Freshman in a game that he didn't start in we have a reason to be excited.
Owens is our 2nd best pass rusher right now. He was getting held a lot as well.
I'm very excited about all of our Freshman.