Defensive Backs

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
During the second half, I saw Juanveh Thomas being led towards the locker room by a trainer and later Tariq Carpenter required assistance going to the locker room due to being hurt. We really need those guys for next Saturday. It is my opinion our defensive back field is our strength. During the spring and summer there was talk about having players play multiple positions. Just wondering out loud, crash course Tobias Oliver as a DB for just the Georgia game. We really need to get him on the field more and except for the touchdown catch he made last night, I didn't see him much.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I may recall a couple of times, during the spring, that I read where Tobias was being worked in on the defensive side. That is fine but I do not think a switch to defense would do any good for him or our defense at this point in time. I can't recall what his snaps looked like on offense last night but it didn't help that most passes were throw 10 + yards down field. If we want Tobias more involved (he should be) he needs to get the ball on screens and short yardage passes in space. His ability to make plays in space, with the ball in his hands, is "elite".

Edit to add: Really hope our boys Carpenter and Thomas are back next week. Riq is such a bull, they tried subbing him out when it looked like he may have had an injury to his hand/wrist/arm, and he waved off the sub. Unfortunately it looked like lower body when he was taken off the field. I missed the Thomas injury.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
CGC made a brief comment in the post game radio interview about how Tobias has been banged up lately. He then followed it with a quick "but we dont discuss injuries".

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
During the second half, I saw Juanveh Thomas being led towards the locker room by a trainer and later Tariq Carpenter required assistance going to the locker room due to being hurt. We really need those guys for next Saturday. It is my opinion our defensive back field is our strength. During the spring and summer there was talk about having players play multiple positions. Just wondering out loud, crash course Tobias Oliver as a DB for just the Georgia game. We really need to get him on the field more and except for the touchdown catch he made last night, I didn't see him much.
Both of those guys have looked like they’ve been fighting through injuries the past few weeks. Looking forward to a great year from
1-yeh and 2-riq next season after a full year with this defensive staff.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
One of the 2 has struggled a bit this year. Takes plays off, doesn’t focus, out of position at times

They roll him out a lot too. Really a disappointing year (injuries haven’t helped) considering all the hype whereas 3 and 2 have taken big steps forward in the secondary. Hopefully 1 can put it together next year.

We still have some depth at safety. I assume we’ll see Campbell, Showell, and King next Saturday. Campbell has been a solid player here throughout his career despite playing all kinds of positions. Hope he has a senior day to remember.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate that guys are injured and hope the injuries aren't serious, but we could trot out 12 guys on defense next week and dwags would still run for 300+. We are so light up front they will just lean on us. It’s going to be a long day.

Our only chance to keep this from being an absolute embarrassment is to get Mason going somehow early and sustain long time consuming drives ending in TDs.

I can’t stand the mouth breathers from the cesspool, but we don’t have a shot in this game for at least the next two years.

Get some big uglies and let Graham (or whoever beats him out) grow and we can be competitive in this game again.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer

Our only chance to keep this from being an absolute embarrassment is to get Mason going somehow early and sustain long time consuming drives ending in TDs.

I can’t stand the mouth breathers from the cesspool, but we don’t have a shot in this game for at least the next two years.

Get some big uglies and let Graham (or whoever beats him out) grow and we can be competitive in this game again.
We run a pro style offense now. Also run a hurry up offense now. It would look bad for recruiting if it looked like we were running something else. Gotta worry about money downs and recruiting buddy.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
My observation on these 2 are that they need to show a little humility. I think they both are in need of a lot more development to earn the kind of reputation that they seem to feel like they have earned. Our defensive backfield has not met the preseason expectations that the coaching staff communicated going in.

Go Jackets!

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
My observation on these 2 are that they need to show a little humility. I think they both are in need of a lot more development to earn the kind of reputation that they seem to feel like they have earned. Our defensive backfield has not met the preseason expectations that the coaching staff communicated going in.

Go Jackets!
We need a pass rush so these guys are not constantly left on an island ...