Defensive Adjustments!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...see-after-three-weeks/yeOrACoicukQfnFCKm8MhN/

Some (mea culpa, I was not one of them) on here predicted that Anree's skillset may be suited at Jack. Well:

The process also includes figuring out how best to use the talent available. Defensive end Anree Saint-Amour played a handful of snaps at Jack linebacker, the rush linebacker spot, against Pittsburgh. Johnson hinted on his radio show Monday that Tech may use Saint-Amour differently against Clemson.

“It was just an extra pass-rusher type thing,” Saint-Amour said of playing Jack. “They were just trying me out at that position, see what we can do.”

Saint-Amour has proved thus far to be one of the more effective players on the defense. Against Pitt, he had four tackles, one for loss, and two quarterback pressures.

“Like we’ve said from the start, I think this defense really fits our personnel -- and Anree especially,” Mitchell said. “I think it allows him to play fast instead of just kind of being stationary and trying to just hold a gap. I think it allows him to play a little bit more loose and play his type of game.”

alagold

Helluva Engineer
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...see-after-three-weeks/yeOrACoicukQfnFCKm8MhN/

Some (mea culpa, I was not one of them) on here predicted that Anree's skillset may be suited at Jack. Well:

The process also includes figuring out how best to use the talent available. Defensive end Anree Saint-Amour played a handful of snaps at Jack linebacker, the rush linebacker spot, against Pittsburgh. Johnson hinted on his radio show Monday that Tech may use Saint-Amour differently against Clemson.

“It was just an extra pass-rusher type thing,” Saint-Amour said of playing Jack. “They were just trying me out at that position, see what we can do.”

Saint-Amour has proved thus far to be one of the more effective players on the defense. Against Pitt, he had four tackles, one for loss, and two quarterback pressures.

“Like we’ve said from the start, I think this defense really fits our personnel -- and Anree especially,” Mitchell said. “I think it allows him to play fast instead of just kind of being stationary and trying to just hold a gap. I think it allows him to play a little bit more loose and play his type of game.”

good for SA -he was a 4 star recruit and is a full grown man as a SR--he should be making an impact, we need a BUNCH like him

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I typed that DLine was too lite and that SA would be LB.

I don’t know how they thought otherwise.

Agree 100%. Not sure why he was ever an end when you're trying to get some type of size. However he will be eaten alive in pass coverage if they try to make him do that.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I typed that DLine was too lite and that SA would be LB.

I don’t know how they thought otherwise.
Jordan Woods one of our top recruits is in the 2 deep of the d l at Fla international.
I had him pegged as twin of SA. JW ( 4 those not familiar- was injured as a freshman and left). The program says he is a redshirt soph and is 275#..

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Read a couple of comments from Mitchell. The man is a senior and a captain. This is the game to lead on the field and make an impact. We'll see.

Deleted member 2897

Jordan Woods one of our top recruits is in the 2 deep of the d l at Fla international.
I had him pegged as twin of SA. JW ( 4 those not familiar- was injured as a freshman and left). The program says he is a redshirt soph and is 275#..

He was getting beat by walk-ons here, it was weird.

Jmonty71

Banned
We are running a 3-4. We are missing 3 key pieces to have a successful 3-4. First and foremost, we do not have a huge bodies NG that can control the A gaps. 2nd, we do not have the speedy LB's known as Will and Sam.... 3rd, we do not have the Mike LB's required. I think we will be ok in the secondary. I think the DE's we have are good. Until we get some faster LB's and a big hoss NG, we'll struggle.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
We are running a 3-4. We are missing 3 key pieces to have a successful 3-4. First and foremost, we do not have a huge bodies NG that can control the A gaps. 2nd, we do not have the speedy LB's known as Will and Sam.... 3rd, we do not have the Mike LB's required. I think we will be ok in the secondary. I think the DE's we have are good. Until we get some faster LB's and a big hoss NG, we'll struggle.
Brandon Adams (6'2" 325) says hello. He doesn't start, but he plays a lot.