Defense

Chattjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
It was great to see a performance like that from our D. Our D-line really showed up big. I'm hoping that is a result of more time under Pelton and not a result of poor O-line play by Pitt. Pelton and Roof seem to be getting the D going in the right direction. Let's hope the trend continues against Clemson.

I've got to give Louis Young some credit. I thought he played his best game of the year on Saturday. He's had a rough season so far, but hopefully this game will be a turning point for him. It wasn't a perfect game, but was much better. There was one play in particular down the right sideline I remember him running with his receiver and actually turning to make a play on the ball. I think in previous weeks he would've failed to turn his head and would've committed pass interference.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I tend to agree. I've been really surprised by the dline. They've been pretty stout against the run. In years past we've had lesser teams running all over us so we're clearly showing progress. Kudos to Roof and Pelton. Whatever they're teaching seems to be paying dividends. Now, the real tests are coming but so far so good at this point. Really surprised by and impressed with Cummings' play.

I've been Young's biggest critic but he certainly had a quiet and therefore good game Saturday.

This was the most enjoyable game to watch our defense in a loooong time.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I wasn't sure what CTR would be able to do with one off-season but it looks like he and the staff are doing a good job with getting guys ready for games. It's been a surprise to say the least. Before the season began, I never would've believed anyone that said that the defense would be the unit that would keep the offense in games.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
And, not to mention we have had injuries to Isaiah Johnson, Jamal Golden, and Fred Holton was slotted as a starter before his debacle. So I am very impressed with what CTR has done thus far.