Deandre Smelter (Not Injury Related)

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
The question is how the ACL tear will affect him long term. I also think he'll be a great player in the league. He might not quite be the Calvin/BayBay top 2 guys in the world at the position level, but I think he can be a top 10/15 WR in the league.
Willis mcgahee tore his ACL violently and had an incredible NFL career.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm very fortunate in that I get to hang around with coaches sometimes...some high school and some college. One night, we were talking about this very subject and two of the coaches mentioned something I found interesting.

The first one said:
"You can play WR in the NFL without 4.3 speed. Look at guys like Jordan Matthews....pedestrian speed at best but he makes plays."

The other coach then mentioned the prof0und statement and it included a reference to Stephen Hill:
"Big wide receivers need to be able to do two things: high point the football and catch the football. Look at Hill. With all of his leaping ability, he often seemed to mistime the jump. And on the times when he did time it right, he was probably 50/50 on actually catching the football. Might as well have a 5'9" receiver who can outrun people opposed to a big guy who can't take advantage of his height."

So, taking all of that into account...I would say DeAndre will be a stud in the league. Here's a guy who knows how to get open. He knows how to CATCH the football at the high point. He has very good hands and he has adequate speed. But most of all...the kid seems to have that attitude. When it often comes down to who wants the ball more, I'm going to bet on him.