Days or Laskey?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I said in another thread, I'd like Synjyn back at AB. The edge looks a lot more solid if both him and Perkins are out there to block. Also, having him there means that the rocket works every time on short yardage.

I'm glad he's filled in so well at BB; I wasn't that worried when Zach went out. But I also think one reason we had trouble with the edge stuff on Saturday was: no Perkins, no Days. We win big when we hit on the edge and Zach is every bit as good as Synjyn at BB.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
My thought process is that since Synjyn has the versatility to play both, let him. Let Laskey be the main guy at B-back with Days getting carries at A- and B-back to spell Laskey

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I suspect it won't be an issue until closer to the Clemson game. Not sure Laskey is going to be able to go this week either.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Laskey no doubt. He's faster and quicker. As far as power goes, I think both are powerful in different ways, but all things being even its a draw in that department.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I like laskey at bback with synjyn at aback and filling in at bback every now and then. I just picture him like we used to use cox as slot back on the pitch. I wouldn't want to be the guy trying to bring him down on a short yard situation.

Note: not saying synjyn as cox size, just both bigger guys that could be used in the aback

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Given they are both seniors this will not amount to much of a controversy. It isn't like they are sophomores. Even when Laskey gets back he shouldn't be allowed to take a full game of punishment. At least not immediately, so they can split time pretty evenly even and Synjyn still get some additional A back snaps.

I will miss both of them next year and would love to have it be a long term controversy if only we could have them eligible longer!

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I want synjyn at BB. Having a BB that can make cuts and turn an 8 yard hole into a 25+ yard gain is why our offense was so good when Dwyer was here. I don't think he should get them all but if we had 25 dives in a game I would like him to get 15-18 and laskey to get 7-10. We'll make it outside okay. Virginia has a really physical secondary that we won't face again all year. I'm not scared of georgia or clemson.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
I think if CPJ feels that Laskey's shoulder will hold up, then Days will move back to AB. CPJ said that Days needed to play either AB or BB, but not both.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think if CPJ feels that Laskey's shoulder will hold up, then Days will move back to AB. CPJ said that Days needed to play either AB or BB, but not both.

Connors (sp?) appears to be a bit slight. However he looks more than capable as a guy coming in off the bench to take some pressure off of the starter. I admit that my evaluation is from a very limited sample size.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Laskey's old news! He did nothing against Pitt and UVA this year!!!1!

Days for days! (For the "what have you done for me lately crowd")

In all seriousness, just glad we have both as both appear to be big-time GT lovers, and solid team leaders.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
As I said in another thread, I'd like Synjyn back at AB. The edge looks a lot more solid if both him and Perkins are out there to block. Also, having him there means that the rocket works every time on short yardage.

I'm glad he's filled in so well at BB; I wasn't that worried when Zach went out. But I also think one reason we had trouble with the edge stuff on Saturday was: no Perkins, no Days. We win big when we hit on the edge and Zach is every bit as good as Synjyn at BB.
Part of our lack of production on the edge was due to Tenuta's scheme. He was sending guys to the edge on the snap and forcing the quick pitch. The guy who was supposed to be pitch key was was unblocked after the pitch and still in position to play the pitch back, that's a play ender for us.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
True, but with either Perkins or Days at AB we might have made more of those blocks.

Also, both of Synjyn's long runs were due to the scheme they were running too (I think). When Days broke the first level on both there was nobody out there to stop him for yards and yards. (On the second one, he seemed to hesitate a second when he got pass the first level, like, "Hey, isn't there supposed to be somebody right about here? Well, might as well take off.") You live by the blitz, you die by the blitz.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
True, but with either Perkins or Days at AB we might have made more of those blocks.

Also, both of Synjyn's long runs were due to the scheme they were running too (I think). When Days broke the first level on both there was nobody out there to stop him for yards and yards. (On the second one, he seemed to hesitate a second when he got pass the first level, like, "Hey, isn't there supposed to be somebody right about here? Well, might as well take off.") You live by the blitz, you die by the blitz.
Well yeah, it's two guys playing chess out there not one guy playing chess and another playing checkers. When you guess right on a particular play call, you win big. It went both ways.