David Curry to the Broncos (UDFA)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have always thought he would be a great coach, but I recall in one of his interviews he mentioned he is not interested in coaching.
He's already had most of his "fans' tell him he couldn't play...he is going to miss most of his 'fans" telling him he can't coach either.:)

Congrats on getting a chance. Tells me he's better than 97% or so of anyone else who suits up in college. And he busted his a$$ here.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I have always been a Curry fan. Have I wished he was faster? Heck yes! Take a tenth off his time (okay, maybe two tenths) and he would have been all-conference with his smarts, effort and leadership. It takes all kinds to win at football, and he played an important role on the team for sure. But it was frustrating to see teams put him in coverage mis-matches to get those short-yardage 3rd and 12 conversions the last two years. But I love the effort, heart and leadership. The team was better when he was on the field, which is all you can ask of any player.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He was our leading tackler for the last two seasons, as well as one of the top tacklers in the ACC, and he left everything on the field. He had some limitations (as do 90% of college football players), but no one was able to beat him out for his job his last 3 seasons here. That says something. Too many of us focused on what he was not, instead of appreciating him for what he was: A high character, high motor guy that gave us everything he had and did his job.

He may have been the favorite whipping boy for some of you, but he was truly a GT guy all the way. Bought in during the coaching transition, and helped us transition into a new GT era. I wish Curry the best of luck with Denver. I could actually see him playing a specialty role as a special teamer and maybe a fullback/inside linebacker role that some teams are doing these days to maximize roster space.

BTW, for those that loved to beat him up on the messageboards, here's something to think about: There are quite a few college stars and former 4 stars that won't get an opportunity with NFL teams even as a free agent. Curry came in as a safety, and transitioned to LB and now he'll get a chance to earn a roster spot in the NFL.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He was our leading tackler for the last two seasons, as well as one of the top tacklers in the ACC, and he left everything on the field. He had some limitations (as do 90% of college football players), but no one was able to beat him out for his job his last 3 seasons here. That says something. Too many of us focused on what he was not, instead of appreciating him for what he was: A high character, high motor guy that gave us everything he had and did his job.

He may have been the favorite whipping boy for some of you, but he was truly a GT guy all the way. Bought in during the coaching transition, and helped us transition into a new GT era. I wish Curry the best of luck with Denver. I could actually see him playing a specialty role as a special teamer and maybe a fullback/inside linebacker role that some teams are doing these days to maximize roster space.

BTW, for those that loved to beat him up on the messageboards, here's something to think about: There are quite a few college stars and former 4 stars that won't get an opportunity with NFL teams even as a free agent. Curry came in as a safety, and transitioned to LB and now he'll get a chance to earn a roster spot in the NFL.
It really spoke to his presence on and off the field that Coach Collins singled him out as a good example more often than anyone else on the team.