David Curry Entering NFL Draft

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
If the NFL drafted on heart, DC would be drafted in a minute, but ultimately, the 40 time and cone drills will make the difference. I don't see DC getting drafted, but I will be rooting for this fine young man.
Agreed. I see him possibly making a team as an undrafted free agent. Special teams would be his way into the league.

Deleted member 2897

I’m terrible at understanding draft potential - I can’t see how Camp gets drafted, much less Curry.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
David,

Thank you for your dedication to GT and the football team. Please concentrate heavily on the 3 cone drill for the upcoming workouts as you prepare for the draft. Best of luck to you.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but his skill set isn't good enough. He is too slow and can't cover any WR. Not to mention, half the RBs in the NFL, would truck over him. Being smart at football, doesn't equal greatness on the field.
It's a good thing that professionals are actually going to assess his ability and make judgement rather than rely on fans of the team he's given 6 years of his life to.

I think "sorry" is an apt description.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a good thing that professionals are actually going to assess his ability and make judgement rather than rely on fans of the team he's given 6 years of his life to.

I think "sorry" is an apt description.

Exactly! I'm sure they've been running all of the combine drills privately too, and know how their numbers stack up. It's not like these decisions are being made in a bubble.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but his skill set isn't good enough. He is too slow and can't cover any WR. Not to mention, half the RBs in the NFL, would truck over him. Being smart at football, doesn't equal greatness on the field.

Sheesh. I don't think anyone thinks he is a sure draft pick but lesser players than him declare for the draft every year, believe me. He should absolutely give it his best shot.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I’m terrible at understanding draft potential - I can’t see how Camp gets drafted, much less Curry.

Camp is a physical freak who never got the chance to be really productive due to our issues throwing the ball. Curry is the opposite; a super productive college player without the measurables. This gives Camp the best shot, as the pros don't really draft off of college production, necessarily.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Camp is a physical freak who never got the chance to be really productive due to our issues throwing the ball. Curry is the opposite; a super productive college player without the measurables. This gives Camp the best shot, as the pros don't really draft off of college production, necessarily.
The issue for Camp and Curry will be getting an actual combine invite.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
A throwback to the 1960s / 70s. Strong and tough. Reminds me of Tommy Nobis.
Positives:
  • Height and weight
  • Good open field tackler
  • Smart and has a good football background

Negatives
  • Speed
  • Has trouble defeating blockers on blitz packages
  • Questionable pass defender. (I think this can be an area he could improve with the right NFL coach)

I hope he makes it.