Dave Walkosky gone

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Coach W must of had something very odd come up. He was given a new contract back in April. It does not make sense that he would be canned now by Georgia Tech if something was not a amiss .

word is he was not canned at all and the decision was on him and for him to reveal why.....

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Eric, Sewak was 10x worst than walkosky, yet paul makes a bizarre change to go back to 2 OL coaches because sewak is an obvious weak link, a friend and will never be fired

Mike Sewak is a awful coach. The OL got worse the DAY Spencer left. IT IS A FACT. Yet we cover is arse. I am so dumbfounded. Get rid of sewak and hire a new sp teams coach and a new OL coach. This is easy :)

What's your basis for saying "paul makes a bizarre change" when CDW was just given a contract extension a couple weeks ago?

To me the data suggests that either CDW found another job or did something requiring immediate termination.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
What's your basis for saying "paul makes a bizarre change" when CDW was just given a contract extension a couple weeks ago?

To me the data suggests that either CDW found another job or did something requiring immediate termination.

no the bizarre change is referring to hiring another OL coach again, vs fixing the OL coach problem and hiring another sp teams coach...make sense?

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Looks like he left on his on and it doesn't sound like it is football related. Any chance "something" popped up in his life where he was allowed to leave on his own instead of being fired? That something being an issue in his life away from football that would call for a firing right on the spot because you can't have it tied to the program or GT.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Sewak was PJ's O line coach at Southern and that O line was really, really good. Was it coaching or was it personnel?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Don't forget that the year he came on to GT he had Jamal Golden as KR. Pretty easy to improve KR's stats with that guy back there.

In PJ's world , as it is with a lot of other coaches whose budgets are limited, a ST coach is somewhat unusual, right? Perhaps, PJ made the assessment after Spring practice that the value in a position that Walkowsky filled was lesser than anticipated when PJ decided to hire a ST coach and now wants to spend that money elsewhere.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Any chance "something" popped up in his life where he was allowed to leave on his own instead of being fired?
Last I checked GT's football program is not part of the military. Unless I'm mistaken he could walk away from this job just like anyone else. Free country.

Several on here seem to be able to read between the lines. Others still seem fixated on their agenda. Hope some day we can get to a place where it's one team and a fanbase that's not bitterly divided. Maybe 2015?

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Last I checked GT's football program is not part of the military. Unless I'm mistaken he could walk away from this job just like anyone else. Free country.

Several on here seem to be able to read between the lines. Others still seem fixated on their agenda. Hope some day we can get to a place where it's one team and a fanbase that's not bitterly divided. Maybe 2015?
I like what you say about being in a place where we are not divided. My only thing is why wait until 2015? Why not start now?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was one of the guilty parties being too quick to speculate on this situation. Bottom line is PJ has deferred to Walkosky, and until he speaks we probably won't know. We may or may not hire OL help, but it seems clear there was no master plan behind all of this. But some folks will never accept that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Walkosky's contract was recently renewed so we know that CPJ wanted him back. At least for the upcoming season. We'll find out soon enough the reason why.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer

Sorry dude, I have no agenda. It just doesn't sound like a normal situation to me. He just got a contract and raise in April, and have not seen him hired anywhere else. Then you add that nobody is saying anything about it and statements like "Senior associate athletic director Ryan Bamford confirmed that Walkosky was no longer part of the program and added “That’s probably about all I can tell you.” is not normal. I might be blind and cant read between the line. Please tell me what I am missing.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Sewak was PJ's O line coach at Southern and that O line was really, really good. Was it coaching or was it personnel?
Sometimes when u get older and comfortable your performance suffers. Not as much piss and vinegar nor drive. He knows his head days are over and close to retiring. What u refer to was 20 years ago