Dare we expect?

Acknowledging it was Alcorn State, dare we expect to surpass the season of 2014? The game in South Bend will be such an indicator of where we are a team and as a program. Last year we were 11-3, Coastal division winners, Orange Bowl champs, and beat Va Tech, Miami, Clemson, Georgia and a half dozen others. Against Alcorn I saw nothing that looked like our early season struggles with Wofford and Southern. We looked focused. We looked determined. We got about 70 players on to the field. What should we realistically expect from these Yellow Jackets?

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
Notre Dame doesn't scare me with size, talent or speed. But they scare me with coaching and motivation. Assuming they get past the Longhorns and go 2-0, Week 3 will be a game with CFP implications. Hard to win in South Bend under those circumstances but the Jackets can do it.

As far as the conference goes, I think it will go like it always does. Unless someone else is setting the world on fire, a strong Georgia Tech team wins the Coastal. Then it's a matter of getting past FSU or Clemson in the ACC championship, and if you do that, pray that you didn't lose the beauty contest.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Well I am interested in watching ND tonight. Brian Kelly called this the most athletic and talented team in a couple decades at ND. PJ would set himself up for failure with a statement just like that.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I was between 11-1 and 8-4 before Thursday night. Now between 12-0 and 9-3. Defensive is better. Offensive at least the same. Special teams at least the same.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
ND is alot like the dwags... top ten preseason hype, fall on their face by game 5 (minus the natl champ appearance by the Irish a few years ago). This is one year that I hope ND doesn't do what they usually do and we beat a really good team.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched the Notre Dame - Texas game. Notre Dame looked pretty impressive, but I couldn't decide if Notre Dame was that good or Texas was that bad. What do y'all think?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I watched the Notre Dame - Texas game. Notre Dame looked pretty impressive, but I couldn't decide if Notre Dame was that good or Texas was that bad. What do y'all think?
You might want to read the "Notre Dame won't be a cake walk" thread.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think our strategy against ND will be to make them throw the ball. Similar to what we did against Alcorn St, don't go raging upfield and leave huge holes in the line. Blitz here and there to rattle them a little but don't give up big plays.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Looking at Tulane, I think CPJ is doing a good job keeping the team focused. He has spoken a number of times now about the threat they present, and reminding the team we had some costly fumbles last year and got some help from them on missed FGAs.

This team came out looking focused and determined and took care of business Thursday, I want to see it again.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
From what I saw in that ND/Tex game, ND's Off. line and Def. lines are huge. To be exact, they are bigger than Tech's.We may have a problem holding our own on both sides of the ball. That's what has me concerned.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
From what I saw in that ND/Tex game, ND's Off. line and Def. lines are huge. To be exact, they are bigger than Tech's.We may have a problem holding our own on both sides of the ball. That's what has me concerned.
I'd say our DL could be a little overmatched, but I have full confidence in our OL to handle any DL we come up against. It'll be interesting to see how their offense responds to the Tenuta blitz this weekend.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I have no idea how the Notre Dame game is going to turn out, and considering it's against a consensus top 10 team on the road, I'd say that's a good thing for us. If our guys on the edge block, we should be able to move the ball against them. I'd expect a score in the 30's, and one of my wishes this season was for us to be undefeated in games in which we score 30 points. Do that and we'll be just fine.