Dante wigley (interesting on why he left)

GTFLETCH

Banned
What do people want him to say?? I was not going to beat out anyone at GT and I really want an opportunity to start, so I transferred!!! I mean good thing he is going to Colorado.... Good stuff..

I like advice..

GTFLETCH

Banned
I hope the GT recruits for 2017 look into the depth chart for 2019, the year they most likely would start their significant PT.
Hopefully we recruit team players and they embrace competition and put in the required work so they have a chance to compete... I do not want any recruit that is only committing to us based on a proposed depth chart two years from now... Those type of players usually will not put in the "work" required to compete for spots and those are teams that do not win usually. #notmytypeofrecuits

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I have said before, why would you go to a school at a position, where the guy in front of you is all conference with two or more years remaining.

scrappy_95

Georgia Tech Fan
I think everyone missed the biggest thing he said. Go to a place that you would love to live and that you would enjoy if football was not part of the equation. Tech is hard on students and football is hard of students athletes. This a very mature thought process on his part. Look I hated Tech when I was there but I enjoyed the city and the people there. If you don't like the people or the city, you will not like Tech because you will not like the academics, especially with a full time job like football. People wonder why it is hard to recruit...well there you go. I think his quotes show a mature side of the kid. BUT being mature doesn't mean I would hire him. I do like people that put themselves in difficult and uncomfortable situations, to make themselves better. Saying that...I think I like Dante a little more today, as I think he was giving younger people some sound advice. Just my 2 cents.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, he ends by saying "two main factors in my recruiting process."

It's not clear that he's talking about why he left Tech or why he went there in the first place.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
All you are ever guaranteed is a chance to compete and that's the way it should be. You can be worried about who is currently ahead of you on the depth chart before you arrive, how you compare with current year recruits or what new stud recruits come in next year and leapfrog you. Making decisions on those factors are always a roll of the dice. Other factors like having the major you want, the quality of the education, having a coach and team you believe in etc. are to me far more important. Find a place where you would love to go to school and compete.

GTG768B

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm glad we don't do cheesy crap like promise first carries etc. to players... i think it was Tommy Bowden's last year at Clemson, they opened up with Auburn in the Chik fil a game, and they gave their first carry of the game to a highly regarded frosh who fumbled it away.