Danny Hall Camps?

97jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Do any of you have experience with camps put on by Danny and his staff? There are 2 "skill oriented" camps next week - one for pitchers/catchers and another for hitting - and then 2 prospect camps in January. The January camp looks like it will interfere with my son's high school tryouts so we're thinking about taking him to the sessions next week instead. He's a freshman and has plenty of time to attend prospect/showcase camps in the coming years, so I'm not worried about that.

$125 for 4 hours of interaction and "skill oriented" instruction seems very reasonable to me, but I'm curious if any of you have either attended or had a child attend, and what the experience was like.

Danny Hall Baseball Camp

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Do any of you have experience with camps put on by Danny and his staff? There are 2 "skill oriented" camps next week - one for pitchers/catchers and another for hitting - and then 2 prospect camps in January. The January camp looks like it will interfere with my son's high school tryouts so we're thinking about taking him to the sessions next week instead. He's a freshman and has plenty of time to attend prospect/showcase camps in the coming years, so I'm not worried about that.

$125 for 4 hours of interaction and "skill oriented" instruction seems very reasonable to me, but I'm curious if any of you have either attended or had a child attend, and what the experience was like.

Danny Hall Baseball Camp
I used to attend them every summer and I highly recommend. The instruction comes from a bunch of different coaching staffs and players. They taught me a lot of small details that really helped me get better when I played. It's definitely worth it!

97jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Following up on this, my son attended the Pitching/Catching camp yesterday along with his cousin. One was their for pitching and the other for catching.

Overall it was a great experience. It was a relatively small group, maybe a dozen in each session. CDH was there along with the rest of his full time staff. Coaches Taylor and Richman worked with the pitchers and Terry Busse was assisting. They provided very thorough instruction and really worked with each of the boys. The boys were able to throw a bullpen in the pitching lab, which was awesome. There's so much technology available in that room. Coaches Ramsey and Pinkham worked with the catchers along with freshman catcher Vahn Lackey. Again, they spent a ton of time working with the players.

At the end of camp they toured the facility. Both boys said they learned a lot and were very glad they attended. Parents were able to hang around the entire time so it was cool to see some of those same spaces. The pitchers warmed up and threw in the Brock, which is really nice to have so close to the baseball facility. Several current and former players came to throw while camp was underway. A few ladies from the women's track team used a portion of the facility to train too.