Damn

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
They maybe gearing up for a title they damn sure have the QB for it. Trevor Lawrence can slang it.

Hope he gets a good insurance policy.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Guaranteed 1st rounder should absolutely jump to the pros. And Dabo (any coach) should advise same. So long as it’s pretty much a lock and not something scuttled by a combine workout performance.
I feel the same way. You can always come back to school. I would advise any tech athlete to do the same even if I wanted them to come back. Some of them will be losing money or at least gambling big by staying and risking injury

Deleted member 2897

I feel the same way. You can always come back to school. I would advise any tech athlete to do the same even if I wanted them to come back. Some of them will be losing money or at least gambling big by staying and risking injury

Yep. I wonder if they made the same emotional decision that Chubb and Michel made - they got beat by Alabama and want to come back again for 1 last shot at a National Championship run. I really don't understand that decision though. Last year the DL guys who got drafted in the bottom half of the first round signed on for around $12-$13 million dollars. I don't care who you are, it is just dang crazy to not take that. Half of that is a signing bonus and immediately in their pocket. This decision literally makes no sense to me. There aren't enough bagmen in the world at Clemson to make a dent into something like that.

Deleted member 2897

He's already graduated (communications http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-christian-wilkins-turns-tragedy-into-triumph), which makes it even stranger that a first-rounder would come back.

Yea, I mean no amount of bagman money would beat what he would get. Average signing bonuses last year for even late first rounders were several million dollars - that goes straight to your bank account when the contract is signed. Plus several million more in game pay. I can't even wrap my head around this decision. The only things I can come up with are:
1) He is making an emotional decision after losing to Alabama that he doesn't want to go out like that.
2) He wants to play Super Mario Cart in his dorm room forever with no adult responsibilities and just get laid like a convention center carpet.
3) He wants to press into the top few spots on the draft board so he can pull a Eli Manning and try and pick what team he plays for.