Damarius Bilbo

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
O’Leary signed Jonathan Smith. He was a freshman in 2000. That’s why I left him off.

O’Leary was a monster at WR recruiting. Middleton, Campbell, Watkins, White, Smith, Curry, Glover. I’d take that 99 WR corps as the best in Tech history.
and Kevin Cone has had as long or longer of an NFL career as all of these guys.

jeffgt14

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the career of Kerry Watkins....always thought he was a pretty darn good WR for us. Apparently he ended up in the CFL, and put up MONSTER numbers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerry_Watkins
Yep. I always watched him when I had the chance. I always wondered if he would try and make the venture back to the NFL because of how dominating he was up there. I guess he was just happy where he was.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
and Kevin Cone has had as long or longer of an NFL career as all of these guys.

I suppose if you count practice squads. Kelly Campbell had 1000 yards receiving in the NFL and White had over 2000. Freddie Smith had more receiving yards.

The NFL didn’t have much use from sub 6 footers back in those days. I bet all those guys could’ve had more success in the modern NFL that has a place for small slot receivers.

jeffgt14

I always figured Kelly would've had more success than he did playing alongside Randy Moss. I think injuries limited him quite a bit.