D1-FCS South Carolina State rounds out our 2023 schedule.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I can see us 6-6 or 7-5. September sets up nicely for this team to figure itself out. The one advantage in the opening game vs Louisville is, the kids already know what to expect with Key since he basically was the HC all last season. Could be some questions on O with the new staff but I’d still give us the edge since Brohm will be coaching his first game with the Cards and no Malik Cunningham (I think) at QB.
SCST and BG will be wins. Ole Miss will be tough… So 3-1 is possible with those 4 and will really get some fan interest back at BDS and some confidence going with the team. The question is, who will be the 9/23 opponent? Obviously it’s an ACC game. There’s actually 5 weeks of games in September. I highly doubt it’ll be a bye that early. Hopefully it’s a UVA or VT. I could see Clemson though… We seem to play them early every year.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
One game at MBS and it is not a home game like UNC was 2 years ago. It is a Chik-Fil-A Kickoff game and they control the venue. I am told that Tech could have sold more tickets last year but they were not in control of tickets or seating. A lot of season ticket holders were upset at the GTAA, but it wasn't the AA's call. Some folks at the GTAA were not happy with how the sponsor handled things. It will be interesting to see if we participate in these games in future years.
Everything you said it true, but as long as we need money and the MB games are financially viable, I think we will continue to play there.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
One game at MBS and it is not a home game like UNC was 2 years ago. It is a Chik-Fil-A Kickoff game and they control the venue. I am told that Tech could have sold more tickets last year but they were not in control of tickets or seating. A lot of season ticket holders were upset at the GTAA, but it wasn't the AA's call. Some folks at the GTAA were not happy with how the sponsor handled things. It will be interesting to see if we participate in these games in future years.
GT was in control of the ticket allotment. That’s why we limited the available tickets, to curb Clemson’s fan advantage. GT admitted we could’ve sold me tickets, but didn’t because we didn’t want to play a home game with 45,000 Clemson fans there, severely outnumbering the GT fans. The sponsor had nothing to do with it

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
GT was in control of the ticket allotment. That’s why we limited the available tickets, to curb Clemson’s fan advantage. GT admitted we could’ve sold me tickets, but didn’t because we didn’t want to play a home game with 45,000 Clemson fans there, severely outnumbering the GT fans. The sponsor had nothing to do with it
The good news is Louisville fans ARE NOT Clemson fans! We should definitely have the crowd advantage.

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
The good news is Louisville fans ARE NOT Clemson fans! We should definitely have the crowd advantage.
I do think that the U of L crowd will be fired up for the start of the Brohm era. They, like us, are looking for the new alum head coach to provide them with better results next year. A large Louisville crowd would not surprise me. Hope we show up in big numbers though.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Really? Better than Clemson? I’d expect Louisville to travel like Miami at best and when Miami comes to Atlanta they only have like 30-35 percent of the crowd.
I did not say they travel better than Clemson. Only that they travel well and I would not be surprised if they had a crowd advantage,

By the way, Miami fans do not travel to their own games let alone ones on the road. They are as bad as Duke when it comes to travel for football. Comparing Louisville to Miami is not remotely accurate.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I did not say they travel better than Clemson. Only that they travel well and I would not be surprised if they had a crowd advantage,

By the way, Miami fans do not travel to their own games let alone ones on the road. They are as bad as Duke when it comes to travel for football. Comparing Louisville to Miami is not remotely accurate.
Miami has a big Atlanta alumn base. They’ve brought some good amounts of people at times. Their problem at home is how far the stadium is from their campus, Pitt has a similar problem.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami has a big Atlanta alumn base. They’ve brought some good amounts of people at times. Their problem at home is how far the stadium is from their campus, Pitt has a similar problem.
Miami does not have a big alumni base in Atlanta.

I lived in Miami. The location of their stadium is not their only problem. It is a small school with a bunch of sidewalk fans that never go to the game.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Raise your hand if you thought we'd lose to Virginia and Miami at home this year, but beat UNC and Pitt on the road and go into half with UGa at 10-7. Then we'll know who the liars are in this crowd...LOL

Idea Volunteer GIF