Current ACC Statistical Leaders

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Reminder obviously its early (and some of these stats are influenced by a 4OT game LOL)...

1st in the ACC in scoring: Moses Wright at 24.0 ppg.
Then its down to 15th/16th Alvarado/Parham ~15ppg.

1st in the ACC in rebounding: Moses Wright at 10.7 rpg.
Then its down to ~17th where Devoe is at ~7rpg.

Assists Alvarado 11th at 4.3 apg.
Then its down to 19th where Devoe is 3.7 apg.

9th in the ACC in blocks: Moses Wright is at 1.3 bpg.

3rd in the ACC in steals: Jose Alvarado is at 3.0 spg.
Then its down to 8th where Khalid Moore is at 2.0 spg.

As a team, we're 14th out of 15 in FG% at 43.2%. We are 0.1% ahead of last place North Carolina.
We are 7th in FT% at 72.8%.
We are 12th in 3PT at 29.9%.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
As a team, we're 14th out of 15 in FG% at 43.2%. We are 0.1% ahead of last place North Carolina.
We are 7th in FT% at 72.8%.
We are 12th in 3PT at 29.9%.
You are right, it is early. The shooting percentages must go up for us to be competitive this year.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just a random aside, I am surprised at Carolina being last in FG % given their focus on the bigs in the paint. Their guards really do suck so far.

We need to get Devoe back to his normal % shooting. As I have said before, he should be an elite catch and shoot guy.

Deleted member 2897

Just a random aside, I am surprised at Carolina being last in FG % given their focus on the bigs in the paint. Their guards really do suck so far.

We need to get Devoe back to his normal % shooting. As I have said before, he should be an elite catch and shoot guy.
You are right, it is early. The shooting percentages must go up for us to be competitive this year.

Both of these valid points are why I'm not too worried yet. If Devoe comes back stronger, our numbers and quality of play will increase. He's only shooting 32% so far this year, so a lot of this (bad %) is on him so far. He's also averaging 4 turnovers a game. He may be sick or he may have had a worse outcome of our earlier practice approach than other players. Fingers crossed for him.

Deleted member 2897

Updated ACC Leaders

With Alvarado's current hot streak, he's moved up in the scoring leaders ranking.
#2: Jose Alvarado: 18.1 ppg.
#7: Moses Wright: 17.0 ppg. (#10 in FG% at 54.8%.)
#18: Michael Devoe: 14.2 ppg.

Rebounds:
#10: Moses Wright: 7.1 rpg.

Free Throw Percentage:
#4: Jose Alvarado: 86.8% 🔥 (33/38)

Assists:
#10: Jose Alvarado: 3.8 apg.
#16: Michael Devoe: 3.2 apg.
#18: Jordan Usher: 3.0 apg.

Steals:
#5: Jose Alvarado: 2.1 spg.
#6: Moses Wright: 2.0 spg.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Usher is also averaging 1.0 blocks and 1.3 steals per game.

To put that in perspective, here are all the players on the 6 ACC teams in the coaches poll that meet that criteria (Clem, VT, UVA, Duke, FSU, Ville):
  • Jalen Johnson (Duke)
  • RaiQuan Gray (FSU)
That's it. That's the list. And those are teams that know how to play defense.

To average more than 1.0 per game across both categories is a sign of extreme effort, athleticism and preparedness.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Georgia Tech is now the #1 scoring team in the ACC, #2 in field goal percentage. Just let that sink in for awhile! Moses is #5 individually and Jose is #5 in assists.
Thursday GIF by MOODMAN

Deleted member 2897

Jose is currently 2nd in free throw percentage, 3rd in points per game, 4th in assists, and 1st in steals.

Moses is 3rd in steals, 6th in points, 13th in rebounds, and 8th in blocks.

As a team we are 3rd in points per game and 4th in FG%.

Deleted member 2897

ACC Statistical Leaders Update:

Jose Alvarado: 3rd in Points, 5th in Assists, 1st in Steals, 2nd in Free Throw Percentage
Moses Wright: 6th in Points, 5th in Rebounds, 5th in Blocks, 4th in Steals
Mike Devoe: 17th in Points, 17th in Assists

Georgia Tech: 2nd in Points, 4th in Field Goal Percentage, 4th in 3pt Percentage, 8th in Free Throw Percentage

Incredible to have 2 guys in the top 5 or 6 of 4 different statistical categories.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Who before the season would have predicted we would be 4th in 3pt% at this point?
We knew we had some sharpshooters coming into this year. The assist:turnover ratio has been what has shocked me more than anything. What a squad Josh has put together. We are a 5 seed in a 12 seed's body if the committee let's us compete next month.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Who before the season would have predicted we would be 4th in 3pt% at this point?
We were tied for 5th last year in conference games in 3pt% so it's not really that big a surprise. Last year once we switched up the offense prior to the hawaii trip we shot it pretty well. The volume increase is a surprise to me but I also didn't expect us to run almost exclusively a small ball line up (nor was I expecting it to be as effective as it has been

The bigger surprise to me is going from last in turnovers at 16 per to 4th in under 11. I expected improvement but to improve that much while playing pretty much the same roster is amazing. Pretty much every player reduced their turnovers this year. Shout out to Moses in particular who went from .9 assists to 2.6 turnovers last year to 2.3 assists to 1.3 turnovers this year.

Deleted member 2897

The Latest:

Scoring Leaders:
5th: Moses Wright
6th: Jose Alvarado
11th: Mike Devoe

Rebound Leaders:
3rd: Moses Wright

Assists:
6th: Jose Alvarado
12th: Mike Devoe

Blocks:
5th: Moses Wright

Steals:
1st: Jose Alvarado
4th: Moses Wright
10th: Jordan Usher

FG%:
13th: Moses Wright
16th: Jose Alvarado

FT%:
1st: Jose Alvarado:
12th: Mike Devoe

3pt%:
12th: Jose Alvarado
19th: Mike Devoe

As a team, we are:
4th: Total Points
2nd: Field Goal %
6th: 3pt %
7th: Free Throw%
1st: Assists
2nd: Steals

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
As we head into the final weekend I wanted to put a stats watch together for Moses Wright. Moses is currently top 5 in points, rebounds, and steals, while being 6th in blocks. Last player to be top 5 in all 4 of those categories I believe was Josh Howard back in 02-03.

I wrote a lot about this, realized I had a problem and decided to cut back. Long story short is Moses is almost guaranteed top 5 in points and rebounds with any sort of usual production (and likely even without). He needs 2 blocks to tie for 5th with little chance of being caught otherwise. And since Cuse isn't playing again, that is the only factor there.

The most interesting one that we have to keep an eye on multiple places is steals. He's currently tied for 4th with an NCSU player who isn't playing again in the regular season. With 0 steals Moses falls out completely with no chance. With 1 he falls to a tie for 5th and we're watching Jones from UL, Beveryly from Miami, Usher for us (one total behind Moses), and Gray from FSU, and possibly Williamson from Wake. With 2 he's in 2nd place ahead of the NCSU player and we're watching the same players but it would take 2 passing him at that point to knock him out.

So basically, get 2 blocks, 2 steals, and normal points/rebs production and it looks like a strong possibility,

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Well after the miami game, Moses won't be following in the foot steps of Howard. His one steal put him behind Moore from NCSU for 5th place, and we don't have to wait on Carlik Jones to see if Moses will hold on, because Jordan Usher with 3 steals slid ahead of Moses 36-35 on the year in the same number of games.

Also, Moses needed two blocks to tie Griffin for 5th. He is credited with none currently on ESPN. I thought there was one time he did get it right after I believe Devoe got a block early in the second half. Regardless it wasn't enough.