Cumulative list of referee/other blunders

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
1. JT fumble # 1
2. JT fumble # 2
3. Allowing UGA to bull-rush the snapper on the PAT
4. The second tackle allowed on Smelter (in chat I didn't think much of it but on multiple replays it's obvious)
5. The excessive and timely timeouts that broke our momentum following the kick recovery

Can these please be addressed by MBob, CPJ, or someone?

Gtyellowjackets

Jolly Good Fellow
You forgot the incorrectly added additional time put back on the clock (to give ugag more time to score) after the final JT fumble ( I think it was) it actuallyy saved the game for us. Added time from the start of the play rather than the end.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Can someone explain how that second fumble was not considered a pass. I mean i know jt was trying to pull it back in but you officiate on what happened not intent.

That one of them all baffles me the most. The scrum on the goaline was bad too. But there at least it was a mass set of bodies and sometimes officials dont like to blow the play dead too early incase he gets into the endzone. However once he was clearly being bent back it shoulda been dead and they didnt. So bad too.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
There was a cheap shot on JT when he ran out of bounds to the GA sidelines in the first quarter by a GA player (on the sidelines).

/

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Is there a "tuck" rule in CFB that renders that play a fumble? I don't think there is so it's very confusing to me as well.

Seemed his hand was clearly coming forward. Every time a team spikes the ball to kill the clock, that's basically the motion the QB makes, no? I gotta hear that one explained.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
You forgot the incorrectly added additional time put back on the clock (to give ugag more time to score) after the final JT fumble ( I think it was) it actuallyy saved the game for us. Added time from the start of the play rather than the end.
The incorrect time actually may have saved us. It gave us ample time to recover the squib, scramble for field position, and kick the fg. If the clock was timed correctly we may have missed out.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Fair question, spiking the ball outside the tackle box... really?
Yes, I wear gold tinted glasses, but I fully understand why the call went the way that it did.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The rule in the nfl is no matter how it looks. If the qb arm is going fwd and the ball comes out its a pass and not a fumble. Isn't this correct? Is the ncaa rule not the same?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The refs were very late blowing plays dead all game long. It was as if they were giving the mutts every chance possible to strip dead balls. Smelter's injury after the play should have been whistled dead is another prime example.