Culture Change

After last night’s game it looks like our fan base needs a culture change as well. So sick of people poo pooing on ours players. If I have to hear about their so called “lack of talent” I’m gonna lose my mind. It’s bad enough a-holes like Bradley write crap about them in the newspaper. Can we try to encourage these kids? If you want to criticize coaches or when players make mental errors I get it but when we constantly talk about their physical abilities it’s just sad. I’ve been guilty of it but going forward I’m gonna try to take the higher road. Hope others choose to do the same.
I followed Swarm Chat off and on during the game (which I attended) until I just couldn't take it any more. Some of the comments posted about Oliver and the coaches were just flat nauseating and infuriating.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We played a peak factory team and there were flashes of really good things that required really watching the plays to see them i am sure we each saw somethings that made us feel we could have been way better represented if.. .

I was on chat and the frustration would grow and grow while the comments were flying . Then gt would do something good and we would think maybe we will string some good plays together. This cycle went on and on. Not saying we could make a game of it.

I think people were frustrated we came close to not looking like we were being slaughtered. That's a different frustration from we almost made it very close. This is demeaning - we came close to not looking horrible.

Then as i was intently watching u faintly hear the announcer saying same words over and over - nfl, all american, etc. Repeat etc

During the heat of the moment some failed to add slaughtered by nfl, all Americans... . Hey they are good!! . Hey 11 and 13 is a physicall freaks!!! THEY GET TO MAKE PLAYS.

I saw enough that i believe with some more time the run heavy offense behind coach keys ol will be ok. I am damn sure the defense will be way BETTER when not playing all americans with all sr oline.
GO JACKETS AND LETS SUPPORT THE TEAM

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
After last night’s game it looks like our fan base needs a culture change as well. So sick of people poo pooing on ours players. If I have to hear about their so called “lack of talent” I’m gonna lose my mind. It’s bad enough a-holes like Bradley write crap about them in the newspaper. Can we try to encourage these kids? If you want to criticize coaches or when players make mental errors I get it but when we constantly talk about their physical abilities it’s just sad. I’ve been guilty of it but going forward I’m gonna try to take the higher road. Hope others choose to do the same.
Yeah, our guys are just as big, fast, powerful and talented as anybody.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
This is culture change I love, a coach that hugs every player as they leave the field, let’s those kids know he appreciates their heart and effort to the last second. This is more than culture change this is the culture leadership. I want to have another boy just so he can play for him, I know he cares.

TechPreacher

Banned
This is culture change I love, a coach that hugs every player as they leave the field, let’s those kids know he appreciates their heart and effort to the last second. This is more than culture change this is the culture leadership. I want to have another boy just so he can play for him, I know he cares.

Not a culture change. Just a different personality expressing appreciation. CPJ did it in a different way. It doesn't mean that one is better than the other.

Scubapro

Banned
If we had gone air-raid and given up 20 sacks and 10 int’s how would you be feeling about the play calling? These new coaches are going to have to eat the sh!tsandwich of talent that CPJ left for them for awhile
This is horse **** Its not like we are building a football team with basketball players. CPJ had talented players. Now if you wanna make the case that he didn’t keep them then I will agree with that but we aren’t making chicken salad outa chicken ****
I can see where coach P is gonna get out coached so ya better et ready for it

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
This is horse **** Its not like we are building a football team with basketball players. CPJ had talented players. Now if you wanna make the case that he didn’t keep them then I will agree with that but we aren’t making chicken salad outa chicken ****
I can see where coach P is gonna get out coached so ya better et ready for it

He built an offensive team with talented players sure- for running, but you need a little more than that at QB and we’ve been hurting bad at QB since JT graduated. CPJ knew what kind of team he had next year and he quit. His best returning qb is an even worse passer than TM was, let that sink in.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
If we had gone air-raid and given up 20 sacks and 10 int’s how would you be feeling about the play calling? These new coaches are going to have to eat the sh!tsandwich of talent that CPJ left for them for awhile
Like we tried but lack the talent. That would suck but be okay, We could think that we just need time to rebuild.

However, QB keepers all night even as it doesn't work, we will absolutely question the play calling. If you say you don't, you're lying. Either play calling or bad calls by TO.

Scubapro

Banned
He built an offensive team with talented players sure- for running, but you need a little more than that at QB and we’ve been hurting bad at QB since JT graduated. CPJ knew what kind of team he had next year and he quit. His best returning qb is an even worse passer than TM was, let that sink in.
Well I didn’t get to watch them practice but from what I understood was that LJ would have started the past two years but was injured
Now Our O line had too many players quit or leave early

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Like we tried but lack the talent. That would suck but be okay, We could think that we just need time to rebuild.

However, QB keepers all night even as it doesn't work, we will absolutely question the play calling. If you say you don't, you're lying. Either play calling or bad calls by TO.

Nothing we would do against clemson would have worked and showing just what we did forces our next opponents to prepare for more possibilities. With the change we have on offense, we likely have a pretty limited playbook compared to what we will next year or the years after. As is, USF has to use film from temple to try and prepare which likely includes plays we won't be using this year. If we had opened up more, they would have a better idea of what to prepare for. We will need time to rebuild anyways, and if the Clemson game left you with any other impression, then you had that idea before going in.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Nothing we would do against clemson would have worked and showing just what we did forces our next opponents to prepare for more possibilities. With the change we have on offense, we likely have a pretty limited playbook compared to what we will next year or the years after. As is, USF has to use film from temple to try and prepare which likely includes plays we won't be using this year. If we had opened up more, they would have a better idea of what to prepare for. We will need time to rebuild anyways, and if the Clemson game left you with any other impression, then you had that idea before going in.
That's not true. I love CGC, but I do not support going in with the mindset you can't be competitive. If what you're saying is true, that's what coaches did. I still choose to believe TO made the wrong calls to keep and it wasn't our OC....hopefully.....

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
That's not true. I love CGC, but I do not support going in with the mindset you can't be competitive. If what you're saying is true, that's what coaches did. I still choose to believe TO made the wrong calls to keep and it wasn't our OC....hopefully.....

You can not believe it if you want. Look at the composition of this team and the only real potential weakness Clemson has. What we did was the only (tiny) chance we had to be competitive. We were not going to compete with them trying to sling the ball around with this team, and trying to do so would have ended in a worse score and more information for our future opponents.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
You can not believe it if you want. Look at the composition of this team and the only real potential weakness Clemson has. What we did was the only (tiny) chance we had to be competitive. We were not going to compete with them trying to sling the ball around with this team, and trying to do so would have ended in a worse score and more information for our future opponents.
So basically the staff told our receivers and QBs they can't play at an elite level..... Got ya.... Sad but I get it. I don't think that's what happened, I think Oliver staying in was a bad choice. Good thing I'm just a fan and not a coach though, I know I know you don't have to tell me. You know what would make me feel better, C Pnode not being silent lol. He could talk about the game plan and tell us why they did , or didn't do, what they did. I've never seen such a silent staff after a loss.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

There were several early pass attempts with TO that he missed badly on, after that i think the coaches just tried to run clock by running the shotgun-TQM offense. I’m willing to give the OC somewhat of a pass on this first game vs. no.1 clemson, i am really hoping to see some more inovative offense with passing starting next week

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
This...this is all you guys who are complaining. We played the number 1 team, the defending national champs and a team that hasn't lost an assistant coach in 4 years! Give it a rest man.
GIFs2019818485.gif