Crowd đź‘Ť : Security đź‘Ž

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I agree with with the sentiment that if you choose to go down there you might get taken off in any manner. I love videos of the lone field stormer getting tackled as much as anyone. This wasn’t that.
It wasn’t that I felt bad for the kids even. It was way more the mindset of this loser guard that was literally standing there as dozen’s of people ran by him, would wait, scan the area, pick out a smaller person who he made sure wasn’t looking towards him and then spear them just for fun. That’s what we were pissed about. I actually went down to let him know what I thought but couldn’t find him by the time I got down there

That's fair, which is why I mentioned that this security(sic) personnel bares some responsibility. Based on your description, he knew what he was doing - and not in a good way. Someone acting like that should never return in that role and, frankly, the employer should rethink having that around. And, furthermore, GT should rethink hiring whatever company that is.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Ill add in that the spearing and tackling by this loser was horrible, BUT he also had knee in back like an officer would a guy with a gun. He didn't do it just once, which could be forgiven; BUT THE A** HAT DID IT MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!! Everyone who has seen the video i took, even mutt fans, is aghast (and they don't even know what that word means).

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, my son rushed the field from the student section and I was upper north and saw it all. If that was my son he speared and sat on for over a minute I would have been down there. I also have video and am livid. Coming from a law enforcement family I know that it was a total loss of common sense and an adrenaline rush. I also saw the entire 4th quarter the security went from 4 yellow shirts along the back of the north end zone to 6 then 8 then 12. They knew it was coming. And I saw this exact guy talking to students in the front row and it definitely looked like trash talk. The problem is he ended up tackling some poor kid who was probably in the 4th row while the students talking trash got by him. He needs to never step foot in the stadium again. And if he does I’ll make my way down to have a word. We’ll see come Syracuse.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
I really don't want to see it happen but between some security guards working out their insecurities on easy targets and videos of fans getting in the opposing team's faces talking trash I feel it's inevitable for there to be some sort of incident that leads to cracking down on field storming.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I really don't want to see it happen but between some security guards working out their insecurities on easy targets and videos of fans getting in the opposing team's faces talking trash I feel it's inevitable for there to be some sort of incident that leads to cracking down on field storming.
Since we have scare resources available the winner is.
1. Punish all because some...

2 A lot of the early settlers went on to cross the rocky mountains w out permits. But that's even older news

3. Posters with BOOZE in thier handle are casually causal for trash talk, therefore banned from attending games.

4. Send memo to gt police department- due to illegal spearing, 2 police employees will be selected at randon for 25% pay cut.

5. Gt wins so much more often we dont rush the field

Winner is 5. When we win, act like u expect it

CEB

Helluva Engineer
After observing him take down a second person, I actually approached him about it. I told him how wrong it was both from a physical / bodily injury perspective and because the celebratory nature of the event. I basically told him he was arrogant garbage and pleaded with him that no one on the field intended anyone harm.

He politely explained that he had a job to do. He identified himself Swarm Fashion Police and explained that the first perp was wearing entirely too much navy. Then he pointed to the second and noted that black is not a primary school color at all. Then he leaned in close and whispered to me, “White is still acceptable after Labor Day, but THAT is the WRONG shade of gold!”

With that, deftly shed the inadvertent block of a tipsy sorority girl and executed a perfect form tackle on a kid wearing some chartreuse monstrosity he was trying to pass off as Tech gear. Suddenly I understood him a little better. I, for one, sleep better at night knowing that he is out there protecting the fashion interests of the Institute.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
After observing him take down a second person, I actually approached him about it. I told him how wrong it was both from a physical / bodily injury perspective and because the celebratory nature of the event. I basically told him he was arrogant garbage and pleaded with him that no one on the field intended anyone harm.

He politely explained that he had a job to do. He identified himself Swarm Fashion Police and explained that the first perp was wearing entirely too much navy. Then he pointed to the second and noted that black is not a primary school color at all. Then he leaned in close and whispered to me, “White is still acceptable after Labor Day, but THAT is the WRONG shade of gold!”

With that, deftly shed the inadvertent block of a tipsy sorority girl and executed a perfect form tackle on a kid wearing some chartreuse monstrosity he was trying to pass off as Tech gear. Suddenly I understood him a little better. I, for one, sleep better at night knowing that he is out there protecting the fashion interests of the Institute.

angry toy story GIF