Crossing the Jordan ??

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Bryan Cook wasn't introduced to CPJs offense until he joined Techs staff 3 years ago. Candeto ran the offense at Navy and coached it before joining Tech. He loves the offense and seems, so far, to be more of a players coach than Cook. JMHO
Gotcha. I was thinking you had like heard something insidery or something :)

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Bryan Cook wasn't introduced to CPJs offense until he joined Techs staff 3 years ago. Candeto ran the offense at Navy and coached it before joining Tech. He loves the offense and seems, so far, to be more of a players coach than Cook. JMHO

Can't help but be excited with former QBs wanting to come coach the position. Having CC and TW working with the QBs has got to be a huge positive, especially since both guys maxed out their potential by making excellent decisions, IMO.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Not necessarily disagreeing with your overall point, because there's definitely value in that experience, but there's also something to be said for bringing in some fresh ideas from outside the system. I was excited for Cook's hiring because I wanted to see how his system would impact on CPJ's, and I think he did a good job building up JT into the player we saw. I hope Candeto can be an awesome mentor to the young QBs...at the very least he should be able to project supreme confidence (a fighter pilot necessity) and help them become better leaders.

GTFLETCH

Banned
JMHO, Coach Cook was hired by CPJ because of the offense he ran at Cal Poly...the option offense. Coach Cook, wanted to come to GT so he could learn from CPJ... So while Coach Cook, never was QB for CPJ, he had a strong background in the option offense. Coach Cook was a players coach!at Tech!!

SlawDog

Banned
JMHO, Coach Cook was hired by CPJ because of the offense he ran at Cal Poly...the option offense. Coach Cook, wanted to come to GT so he could learn from CPJ... So while Coach Cook, never was QB for CPJ, he had a strong background in the option offense. Coach Cook was a players coach!at Tech!!
I believe they ran an option offense out of the shotgun and it was similar but not the same. I don't think Candeto is coming to Tech to learn the offense. We'll see if Candeto can be an upgrade I guess.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
IMO Candeto is an upgrade and that's not taking anything away from Coach Cook! Anytime you have a coach who played the position there are nuances he can impart that others can't simply due to the fact they haven't been in the fire doing it!