Crimson Tide cut blocking video

Deleted member 2897

Well Coach Belichick sends Coach Johnson cookies for Christmas every year. Peas in a pod those two...

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Just my humble opinion, but I think there’s nothing wrong with requiring the ten and two rule over the whole field.
Are you talking about blocking or cutting? If you are talking about blocking in general you could not trap anymore. Also we do cut on the backside, of the line, when we are not at 10 and 2.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I love how butthurt GS made Saban in that game. Can you imagine how much worse it would have been if GS had managed to upset them?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Are you talking about blocking or cutting? If you are talking about blocking in general you could not trap anymore. Also we do cut on the backside, of the line, when we are not at 10 and 2.

I reckon we're pretty close to 10 and 2 for our backside scoops. To be at 3 or 9 the DL would have to be offsides.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
That is what I was hoping you were saying otherwise it did not make much sense. Not an unreasonable position, now that I have had some time to think about it. The thing I worry about is implementation of such a rule in the box. I don't think there are enough officials on the field to keep track of it. They cannot even call all the holding that goes on now by offensive lineman, and defensive lineman.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I've watched way too much football in my life, and I can't say that cut (or chop) blocking has factored into very many player injuries that I've seen. Way more players are injured in the process of tackling and in the wash of the tackle. Shoot, I'd say my personal impression is that more offensive linemen are injured by backs running up on them than defensive players are injured by all blocking-related injuries combined. Does that mean we should eliminate run blocking or go with "Ultimate Football"?