CPJ Theme Over/Under

How long will it take for less than 25% of the threads to turn into a Pro/Anti CPJ debate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious what people think about how long it will take for 75% of the posts on this board to not devolve into a CPJ/Anti-CPJ pissing match. This includes accusations of others being pro/anti CPJ, innuendo that someone's opinion is less valid because they are clearly pro/anti CPJ, or any other childish behavior related to it.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
About a year. After a 9-4 season in which CGC wins ACC coach of the year, then pulls in a top 20 class, all will have seen the light and there will be peace on the board.

But then someone will say we would have won 10 running the option.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Lol! No, it's an indication that we have WAY TOO MANY threads that turn into useless infighting. So, by being absurd, I was hoping to shine a light on that in a way that caused people to consider their actions. But if it offends someone's sensibilities please just delete it. I think I'm out.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol! No, it's an indication that we have WAY TOO MANY threads that turn into useless infighting. So, by being absurd, I was hoping to shine a light on that in a way that caused people to consider their actions. But if it offends someone's sensibilities please just delete it. I think I'm out.

What can you do? At this point it doesn't seem to even be about CPJ anymore. It's more like a personal venom.

We gotta get our minds right. You save that kind of hate for U(sic)gA.

Making fun of those people for bringing up the past may be positive.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Lots of self fulfilling facts.
If the + - keeps going , there will be fewer threads and fewer people that are not - or +.
Then they just post short sentences or questions on one thread --- they approach 100% and one surrenders and we drop to absolute Zero
I am giving 5 weeks as my guess

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It's going to take a while to purge the cult mentality that was developed here.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
It's going to take a while to purge the cult mentality that was developed here.
This. This is not helpful.

I suggest a simple test before you post:

1. Did your post support GT?
2. Are you hype?
3. Does your post support the current team and current staff?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I thought it was a funny idea for a thread fwiw.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
People were comparing CPJ to CCG CGO his entire tenure. It definitely felt like more than 25% of posts eventually devolved that way. Hard to imagine our fan base will change that much.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
If we win more than 7 games, it'll be a version of "See? Look at how much better he did with the same players CPJ had!"
If we lose more than 5 games, it'll be a version of "He's gotta get his players in here first before we judge him."

It'll be the same stuff said about Gailey for the past 11 years - variations thereof.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Human beings are funny animals. Fans at all universities are about the same in that regard. I don't see GT fans as being all that different.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
About a year. After a 9-4 season in which CGC wins ACC coach of the year, then pulls in a top 20 class, all will have seen the light and there will be peace on the board.

But then someone will say we would have won 10 running the option.
I was, in fact, expecting 9 or 10 wins with what we had coming back, conditional on Benson returning to health. I'd be surprised if we even sniff 6 wins next year, given that we are going through transitions on both sides of the ball. I've never believed in this "I adapt my offense/defense to the players" stuff from OC/DC types.

But I'd say a year too, no matter what. It's Coach's team now and it's up to him to make that work. Hope he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.