CPJ Saturday practice notes

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
- Said we have no academic casualties for the bowl game (of course not counting Jabari)

- CJ Leggett has been doing fine...been on Scout team.

- Players heading back home...excited about that.

- Dennis Andrews has been doing well...getting a lot of reps.

- Ken asked about Jabari and CPJ just said ask Yandle. That's your information guy isn't it...then Ken said something else and CPJ said if you keep it up it's going to be your only info guy...CPJ not happy he released the info early.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Anything about intensity or demeanor of the team? Seems like we often lose a little intensity between the last game and the bowl.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
No. It would have to be an emergency for him to play...you don't carry a guy on the bench for 13 games and then burn the RS in #14 ;)

That's not my question.
Im asking if he's redshirt burns if he were to play?

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Ken's just doing his job. If PJ has a problem with anybody, he may want to talk to his SID about how that info is getting out.

What problem did Ken and PJ have after the Sun Bowl?

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
We've good few enough fans among the media, I think it might help to lighten up--even with a big new contract.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Screw the media.....honestly.
Print media is ok...I don't think ken is the best but his stuff is readable and sometimes informative....this site brings more info by far IMO.
TV?? Can't say I've watched much local news but when I have I've gotten as much or more from the 4 letter network...online is easiest there.
Radio? The local radio shmucks treat Tech and Tech fans with disdain...they feel they don't need tech fans to succeed, operate accordingly, and appear to be correct on that point as it rarely if ever changes...I damn sure don't need them and rarely tune in their crap anymore either.
Screw the "traditional" media; did I say that already? Thank The Lord for this site (along with ramblinwreck.com)...gives me pretty much everything I need media wise outside of broadcasting games ;). Thank you again Eric and all. Screw the rest of the damn media.

slugboy

Staff member
I think Ken Segiura does a good job. There a threads here covering one player's grades, and he was covering the same thing. I'm sure CPJ is protecting his player, and would like to get a little pressure off of the guy who's probably trying his best to dig out, and Ken caught a little shrapnel for it. If he posted here, he'd probably be sharp with us, too.

I think Ken does an excellent job of covering Tech for what is definitely a homer paper. Ken is no cheerleader, and admits that, but he is fair and objective, and lately, he has even shown some pretty biting sarcasm directed towards Georgia, Johnson-haters, TO-critics, etc. It's too bad that he and Johnson haven't hit it off, but Ken is so much better than his predecessor (a Georgia grad, BTW), that it is laughable. Hell, Johnson should see the crap we get in the Augusta paper, which has had an article every day for the past 4 days about Georgia in the Belk Bowl, and NOTHING about Tech in the Orange Bowl.