CPJ reportedly spotted at recent practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Who's reporting this?

And, more importantly, is he looking to be the get back into coaching?

Nervous Orange Juice GIF by STARZ

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I don't see this being reported by any news outlet, and I'm not sure why he would be there. Almost nobody he recruited is still there, we don't run the option anymore, and I don't get the feeling he and Geoff are particularly fond of one another.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Yes he was at that but not at the event at tech. Paul doesn’t want to be around tech during these times. The school ****ed him over countless times and he retired because of it. The school gave him no help in his final few years which led to his retirement.
He could have had more but he didn't know how to ask nicely enough.

kalld12

Banned
Yes he was at that but not at the event at tech. Paul doesn’t want to be around tech during these times. The school ****ed him over countless times and he retired because of it. The school gave him no help in his final few years which led to his retirement.
Don't speak for Paul, you know just as much as the rest of us. All assumptions....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This probably deserves a offseason thread

Today I found out on RIVALS what was missing in the saga of Coach and his offensive line coaches

At 12:10 IN the MAIL BAG answer Kelly said
MBob not shelling out for Stacy Searels ended up leading to his early retirement IMO.

Internet search says Coach Johnson wanted to hire Searels Jan 2014.

wiki says
SS was a 3 year OL starter at Auburn is from Tiron GA.

Coaching OL since 1992

Schools
App State, Cincinnati, LSU, UGA, Texas, (gt is cheap), VT, Miami, UNC (covid), UGA

Do you think this guy can recruit in the south!

What is the most important non qb position on football team?

Try running an option offense without a great ol coach.

Where are Spencer, Sewak, and White?

We had a option football genius and couldn't find $ to give him his requested ol coach.

Shame.

I LOVE RIVALS!

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Don't speak for Paul, you know just as much as the rest of us. All assumptions....
It’s not all assumptions. AD didn’t want to pay for the 13th game to make us bowl eligible in 2017, not paying the extra money to hire Stacy Searls, etc. Then Collins talking about the previous regime in a negative light didn’t make CPJ happy at all. There’s a reason why he hasn’t been seen around tech much since he retired.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we will see if Clemson can still defend the TO on a few plays. Venables is gone and they probably haven’t practiced defending it since 2018.

I understand why we went away from the TO and it’s not coming back but I have no clue why it was completely removed from the playbook. There are occasions where the triple option is the best option.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
You sure it wasn't the NCAA rule changes that took the teeth out of CPJ option offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.