CPJ Radio Show 9/21

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Under utilizing our freshman WR IMO.
I think CPJ will tell you he was a little off his game Saturday....then again he probably won't.
Underutilizing Ricky Jeune if anything. He has every physical tool possible to be our #1 WR but JT doesn’t even seem to look his way on throws even when he’s wide open as we’ve seen. Once we lost Summers you could kiss goodbye to any ball being thrown to a wideout. I’m not saying we should throw more but when we do throw you can tell JT has no chemistry with any of his receivers.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Underutilizing Ricky Jeune if anything. He has every physical tool possible to be our #1 WR but JT doesn’t even seem to look his way on throws even when he’s wide open as we’ve seen. Once we lost Summers you could kiss goodbye to any ball being thrown to a wideout. I’m not saying we should throw more but when we do throw you can tell JT has no chemistry with any of his receivers.
That's a little harsh. He has some chemistry, just not like it was with Smelter. He didn't have much with Waller until real late in the season and then a lack of chemistry cost us the FSU game.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Perhaps we're confusing chemistry with talent. The two receivers we had last year were among the 200+ to be chosen to play on Sundays, so perhaps that had something to do with it. They were both seniors, so even if the players we have now are as talented, they aren't as physically advanced as those guys. Again, in time these things will work themselves out. In the meantime, let's hope we remember who to block, then go block that person. If we're throwing 24 times, it means bad things. If we throw it 9 times and hit five of them, it usually means good things.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
If I were coach, I'd put Brad on the right side, Smelter's old side. He seems most likely to help out on scramble/roll outs. He's very physical and uses his body well to shield defenders and go up high. JT's scramble throws tend to sail high.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Isn't JT right around 5'11"? Thats about the same height as Russell Wilson who does roll out as well but can also do some quick over the middle throws. In the NFL no less.
5'11" in platform shoes. He always looks shorter to me than the other guys on the team who are "5-11." Just an observation, not a put down.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
More missed assignments on offense in this game than in any game since 1985.

If we can lose this game 30-22 against a really good team with that many missed assignments, I feel much better about the rest of this season.

Notre Dame isn't that good. We played that bad....made 'em look good. Remember, up until garbage time we had driven for 1 TD all afternoon. Virginia drove for 4 TD on the same defense a week earlier. They are NOT world-beaters, which is what makes that game so hard to swallow for me. We really just played that badly, and that is pretty much what CPJ said as well.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
Notre Dame isn't that good. We played that bad....made 'em look good. Remember, up until garbage time we had driven for 1 TD all afternoon. Virginia drove for 4 TD on the same defense a week earlier. They are NOT world-beaters, which is what makes that game so hard to swallow for me. We really just played that badly, and that is pretty much what CPJ said as well.

What if the reason ND did so poorly against UVA is because they were focused too much on our game? Makes sense to me as good as they played us on defense. I know we played badly, but I do think that ND really is that good.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree with cheese's point about the right side. JT is always going to see the receiver who lines up on the right side first. He is able to keep him in view as he drops back. The receiver he has the most confidence in should line up at the right end spot.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree with cheese's point about the right side. JT is always going to see the receiver who lines up on the right side first. He is able to keep him in view as he drops back. The receiver he has the most confidence in should line up at the right end spot.

Actually, our QBs drop back looking left first on straight drops.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
5-11? bought any bridges lately?

LOL...I did a double take at the game when Matthew Jordan and JeT were running out for warmups. I was thinking, "who's that little dude on our team?" Then I realized, "Oh, that's our starting QB..." Keep in mind, MJ is listed at 6'1 and he was towering over JeT.

I've actually stood next to JeT, and I'll tell you he's not 5'11. Not even with his cleats on.