CPJ Radio Show 9/21

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
p J "I told the guys we haven't even come close to playing our best game. Not close"
I have every confidence that he is right, and come Saturday things will start to fall into place. Injuries aside, by the end of the day Johnson will know who comes to compete vs. who comes to play, who knows the difference between being hurt and being injured who has looked at himself and ripped out all the doubt and insecurities that comes with Big Boy football -- particularly the freshmen -- and know they are now playing not merely for a starting job, but just to get on the field. They have three captains now, and they need to step to the front. Then take that miserable ND showing out on Duke. On to the ACC championship.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
LOL...I did a double take at the game when Matthew Jordan and JeT were running out for warmups. I was thinking, "who's that little dude on our team?" Then I realized, "Oh, that's our starting QB..." Keep in mind, MJ is listed at 6'1 and he was towering over JeT.

I've actually stood next to JeT, and I'll tell you he's not 5'11. Not even with his cleats on.
Lying about weights and measures is Coaching 101. I have no idea why since nobody believes them anyway. At least the other coaches. (Thomas at the ACC spring fest would have blown his cover had it not already floated away.) I know someone who, like you, stood next to him briefly, without the helmet, and being 5-9 himself, was surprised at how much taller he was than Thomas. Probably the reason for so much rollout and deep drop. Puzzling because the kid at any size is a player. Bad days -- ND -- ain't like bananas and don't come in bunches. He'll be back in form.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
What if the reason ND did so poorly against UVA is because they were focused too much on our game? Makes sense to me as good as they played us on defense. I know we played badly, but I do think that ND really is that good.

Will be interesting to see how ND comes out this week. While a lot has been made of our record when other teams have an extra week to prepare, I believe I have seen a breakdown that shows that opposing teams have a terrible record the week after they play us. I think they play UMass, so should be no issues this week, but will be interesting to see if they come out slow. They sure did with a mediocre UVA team.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That's a little harsh. He has some chemistry, just not like it was with Smelter. He didn't have much with Waller until real late in the season and then a lack of chemistry cost us the FSU game.
Maybe he threw to Smelter more because he would actually come back for the football. That is probably the "chemistry" we are all talking about.