CPJ Radio Show 11/10

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
DCS gave them some grief and provided the direct link.

The dude actually replied to @dressedcheeseside and his response (see below) makes it seem like he wrote all that stuff and WE copied it. Uh, let's see ... our thread was time stamped during the show, and his was posted at 10pm, but sure, we totally copied him. I guess my secret T.A.R.D.I.S. has been found out. Unreal. :mad:

This is what he said: "I have been told that my noted are copied for other sites, I am fine with that-as long as GT fans are getting the benefit!"

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I'm starting to get to where I listen to the radio show not just for coach and Brandon but also for the Coke Zero commercial. Because nothing says wasting time at work like Coke Zero.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Lol at dcs being the guy who called him out. cheese probably ripped a half dozen of my stingtalk posts and for posts and threads at Hart's site over the years. It is what it is.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Going to be tight... I get there at about the time the game starts. Going to have to be after the game or at half time. I figured we would have a 3:30 game at least.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Lol at dcs being the guy who called him out. cheese probably ripped a half dozen of my stingtalk posts and for posts and threads at Hart's site over the years. It is what it is.
Let it go, let it go..... you don't need to be butthurt anymoreror.....

Here's something else I ripped from ST that you can have:

bigcry.gif

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This offends me. We have the smartest, most insightful observers of football in one place that you will find anywhere. Sites that substitute a lot of trash for substance should not get away with ripping our content. :grumpy:

So what. I don't waste my time on any of the other sites. I know there are people who do go to the other sites a lot and think that if there is something newsworthy, they bring it here.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
So what. I don't waste my time on any of the other sites. I know there are people who do go to the other sites a lot and think that if there is something newsworthy, they bring it here.

Tell that to @YJAlleyCat. She took time out of her own enjoyment of the show--and missed some of what was said--to post here for the folks who couldn't listen in real time. Some clown on a different board should not get credit for her effort, when all he did was rewrite her summary.

What's worse, when this individual was called out by people in the know, he had the gall to pretend to be magnanimous about allowing 'his' account to be shared on other boards.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Tell that to @YJAlleyCat. She took time out of her own enjoyment of the show--and missed some of what was said--to post here for the folks who couldn't listen in real time. Some clown on a different board should not get credit for her effort, when all he did was rewrite her summary.

What's worse, when this individual was called out by people in the know, he had the gall to pretend to be magnanimous about allowing 'his' account to be shared on other boards.

@YCAlleyCat , I apologize. I enjoyed your post. I assumed you posted simply to keep the people on this site informed.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
To me there's a big difference between sharing information and ripping off someone else's hard work.

Nothing here is copyrighted (Eric?? right?), so it's not a matter of legal plagiarism. It's a matter of recognizing someone else's hard work and giving them credit for it, not trying to pass it off as your own.

All the guy had to do was share the information on Hive, give credit to YJAlleyCat, and link back here. That's all. Quality information is shared among fans and the one doing the work gets a HT. That's the way it should work, anyway. My $0.02 and that goes for any direction.

If I post something I've seen here first on another site, I say where I got it. That might not even be where it originally came from, but it's where I got it from. That's all I'd ask.