CPJ Press Conference

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Video:

The most interesting part for me is about Ratliffe. He could be an assistant coach if all else fails.

CPJ - "It's like I told him, he is going to work his rehab as hard as he can. We are going to plan on doing that. If he doesn't, he is going to be our assistant quarterback coach. Either way, he is going to have a good future."

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Video:

The most interesting part for me is about Ratliffe. He could be an assistant coach if all else fails.

CPJ - "It's like I told him, he is going to work his rehab as hard as he can. We are going to plan on doing that. If he doesn't, he is going to be our assistant quarterback coach. Either way, he is going to have a good future."

This may be one of my favorite parts about Ga Tech and the way CPJ runs his program. "There was never any doubt he was coming to Tech one way or another". That just makes me so proud.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I heard two clues about next year. First three wide receivers going into the spring are Summers, Jeune, and Messick. In response to whether any true freshman A backs would play, he said the first four A backs are Snoddy, Andrews, Qua, and Lynch. I believe he said he likes to play six, so there will be competition for the other two spots. I guess I could go back and listen again, but I'm kinda lazy.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I heard two clues about next year. First three wide receivers going into the spring are Summers, Jeune, and Messick. In response to whether any true freshman A backs would play, he said the first four A backs are Snoddy, Andrews, Qua, and Lynch. I believe he said he likes to play six, so there will be competition for the other two spots. I guess I could go back and listen again, but I'm kinda lazy.
That sounds right. I like that tone in his voice that he gets when he says (paraphrasing several different comments over the years) "I am honest with recruits and I never promise them they are going to play, I just say we have some spots open and if you are as good as you think you are you will start." He definitely threw down the gauntlet to a bunch of players who will be in competition and said in so many words, "Come and get it."

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer

If those four are solidly in the two-deep, we may only see one freshman AB. Willis is going to play, IMO.

I hope this is the case. I think AB is a position that redshirting really benefits. It's a tough spot to learn with the footwork and timing. Just think how good Perk and Bostic looked this year after multiple years at the position.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Another tiny bit he said concerning the A back. Remember how people went back and forth on whether Qua was going into the spring at A or receiver? PJ said Qua practiced at A half the season.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Another tiny bit he said concerning the A back. Remember how people went back and forth on whether Qua was going into the spring at A or receiver? PJ said Qua practiced at A half the season.

According to an answer I got about Lynch's progress "he was temporarily slowed by injury in the Fall and played on the scout team all year with no significant practice at AB". 'CPJ sounds like he will be taking a look at him at AB in the Spring, but IMO he is trailing Willis at this point, and probably Qua as well. Beyond Snoddy and Andrews the four or so AB slots are probably wide open depending on spring performance of Lynch, Qua, and Willis and how the freshmen stack up with them in the Fall. IMO most of the freshmen ABs will RS.